🎭9: Left Unlocked

"Hey," Triche called, slightly opening the door of Colin's room

"Hey," Triche called, slightly opening the door of Colin's room. "Can we talk?" She asked the guy, sitting on the couch with his phone.

"Is it urgent?" Colin asks. He stands up and keeps his phone in his pocket. "I was playing a game. You just made me lose." He opened the door and let Triche in.

"Sorry. I just can't help but get curious!" She crossed her arms and lifted her chin. Colin raised a brow at how she behaved and started to think she had gotten confused with something again. "Tell me the truth. Are you seeing someone?"

"What the fuck?" Colin immediately blurted. "Where did you get that horrible idea? Why would I date anyone? I'm busy enough to meet real people."

"Exactly! That's why I'm confused!" I knew it. Colin thought, narrowing his eyes. "You're really not dating anyone? Honestly?"

"I'm telling the truth. Why would you bring up something like that? Did you hear it from someone? They don't get to make rumors about me. I didn't do anything to them."

Triche sighs and walks to the door. "I probably saw it wrong," she quietly said as she turned the doorknob. "I'll see you later. You're going to that dinner later, right? The last time I skipped an event, things got messy."

"I-I'll be there." Colin stuttered and quickly looked away.

"Okay~ If you want to tell me anything... anything at all, I'll listen. If you're getting a girlfriend... tell me. Don't you dare hide something like that from me. I'm always honest around you. Return the favor, will you?"

"Fine. I hear you. It's unlikely to happen but sure. Whatever," Colin said, awkwardly rubbing the side of his arm.

I should trust him. Colin will never lie to me. Triche left and walked to her room after convincing herself that Colin was telling the truth. "It could be someone else. It could be someone else." She kept repeating until she reached her doorstep.

Suddenly, Ace went out of his room, carrying a basket of stuffed animals. "Where are you going with that?" Triche asked, finding it weird for a grown guy to bring those stuff around.

"It doesn't concern you. Mind your own business," Ace answered and kept walking.

"Did the detective interview you? What did you tell him?" Triche ran and walked with Ace.

"I bet he didn't tell you. I plead the Fifth," he answered and walked faster. But Triche caught up with him and continued asking.

"Fifth what? Can you translate that into something I can understand? I don't do law," she said, but Ace didn't give a reply. Offended, she stood in front of him, blocking his way. "It was you, right? I strongly think it's you."

"Move." Ace leaned on the right, and Triche quickly blocked him again. "Get out of my way," he seriously said.

Triche couldn't figure out what he was thinking, so she stood closer and watched his face closely. "You're trying to hide something. Was it you who killed Kane?" She asked.

"If you don't move aside, the same thing happens to you," Ace threatened, making Triche lean against the wall immediately.

She gulped and watched Ace as he headed to the stairs. "Suspicious. Completely suspicious." The basket of stuffed animals confused Triche the most. She looked at the toys with furrowed brows. "What is he up to? Donation?"

Heading back to her room, Triche suddenly noticed that Ace's room wasn't closed properly. She looked at the narrow opening, biting her lips. "Don't tempt me now. This is trespassing." She turned around to see if anyone was looking.

The hallway is empty, and the only things worrying her are the cameras. "It's okay. I can tell them that Ace asked me to get something."

Triche held the doorknob and breathed in. Let's see what he's hiding. She quietly stepped inside the dark and neat room of Ace Min. "Gosh. It's so creepy."

There were strange-looking figurines on the cabinets. They look like little kids wearing lipstick with sinister smiles. "What an odd guy." She kept walking and looked around more until she was finally standing outside his bedroom door. She looked behind her, hoping Ace won't be coming back any second.

"I'll be quick. He won't even know I went in." She pushed the door open and widened her eyes. In front of her was a darker room with curtains of thick material. Ace sure does like dark rooms. I can't blame him, though. It looks peaceful in here.

There was a wooden cabinet near his bed. The drawers weren't closed properly, attracting Triche's attention. She walked towards it and knelt to see what was inside.

Before she opened one of the drawers, the door in the living room closed, indicating that--

"What are you doing?" Ace asks, seeing Triche in his room.

Triche quickly got up to face him. "Ace! Hi! I uh..." She nervously laughed and casually walked towards the door. "My ring went through your door. It was open, so I went in to get it. Don't get the wrong idea! I wasn't doing anything bad."

Ace raises his brow. "Did you find the ring?"

"Well..." A knock suddenly interrupted. Triche turned to the door and saw Colin peeking. "Colin, you were just in time!" She ran to him and grabbed his arm. "Do you remember the ring you gave me? It rolled inside here by accident."

Colin looked at her, confused. "I never gave you any ring--" Triche hit his tummy with her elbow. He looked at her nervous expression and realized that she had gotten herself into trouble. "Ah... That ring?" Colin played along. "I think I saw it in front of your room."

"Oh, you did?" Triche looked at Ace, who looked so done at the two. "I guess it was just outside. Sorry," she said before rushing out of the room.

Colin followed her and grabbed her arm when they got outside. "Did I see that right? You went inside Ace's room?" He asked.

"I think he's hiding something. I thought he wasn't coming back, so I took the risk. His door was open. Why not take the chance?"

Colin looked at her in disbelief. "If I didn't hear your voice in there, you would've gotten in serious trouble. Triche, that's a crime."

"Look, it happened already. Stop nagging at me like a brother. I owe you one, though. I'll be careful next time. I just can't stand it, not doing anything when I'm so close to knowing what he's up to. He could be Kane's killer."

Colin furrowed his brows. "He's not Kane's killer, so calm down."

"Yeah? How are you sure? My guts say it's him. I'll find evidence that can prove that. Just wait. Kane's killer will pay for what they've done."

--

I'll be quiet as a mouse for now🙈 After seeing your suspect list last time, I was like..."okay, they're good, they're good," but I'm not telling if you guys got the person right. 

I hope the chapter turned tables, changed minds and everything... Most of all, I hope you guys enjoyed it!💖 I hope I can update on Thursday, but if I can't I would definitely update on Friday. It's Yoongi's day tomorrow too!!🎉