🎭50: Factory Murders

"Can you zoom in on that man's face?" Lloyd told the operator

"Can you zoom in on that man's face?" Lloyd told the operator. After remembering what Mirae reported, he returned to the street after talking to Swan earlier. "Yes. The man in blue." Unfortunately, only a few cameras caught the man since the area was being redeveloped. There are still a few working ones, to his relief.

"It looks like your friends almost got robbed, sir. We should report this to the police," The operator suggested.

"I'll take care of it. We just wanted to know who that man was. Can I get a copy of this, please?"

After getting a copy of the CCTV footage, Lloyd walked back to the hotel while trying to patch up what they gathered. "A possibility of an outsider that France brought to the hotel, and someone from the hotel going after Mirae. Tsk. They're two very different scenarios," he said in disappointment as he kept walking. One of them has definitely nothing to do with the murder. Or worse, both of them. 

Suddenly, the phone in his pocket rang. It made him go back to his senses after his mind kept wandering for other possibilities in the case. He fished the phone from his pocket and found out that it was from Swan. "I'm on my way back," he said as he answered it.

"Chef Anne just sent me Bree Kang's contact details. We found ourselves lucky 'cause she belonged in Chef Anne's culinary arts class two years ago," Swan said from the other line.

"Do you have her address? I have to talk to her personally before the day ends."

"I'll text you the address and her number. You have two hours before curfew. Are you sure you can return before that?" Swan worriedly asked.

"If we want to be ahead of the new detective, I need to do it today. I'll also send you some footage. This man was chasing Mirae and Kit the other day. Can you do something to make it clear? I need to know who the guy in a blue jacket is." Lloyd sent Swan the video and returned the phone behind his ear. "I'll call you after I talk to Bree Kang."

"All right. I think I can handle the video." Swan sent him the address and contact number of the waitress. "Call me if there's anything else," she said before ending the call.

Lloyd stops and reads the text. "Good. It's not too far from here," he said and hailed a cab to get there faster.

Meanwhile, in Swan's room, she played the footage on her laptop and zoomed in on the guy's face. She scrunched her brows, thinking she saw the guy somewhere. "I saw too many faces that I can't name them anymore. Ugh!" 

The guy was wearing a mask. So even if she adjusts the quality of the video, they won't be able to identify the guy easily. 

"This jacket," she muttered to herself. "Who would wear such a bright color to go after someone? Is he inexperienced? Or did he purposely do this to grab their attention? Considering Mirae's personality, she would go after anyone who raises her suspicions. If this guy knew Mirae, he knew that he could lure her to him with a bright-colored jacket. He might not be as dumb as I  thought."