🎭21: Office of a Psychologist

"You can't leave the hotel

"You can't leave the hotel. It's still our working hours," Fin warned Lloyd, seeing the latter changing his clothes in the room. "Can't you wait a little longer? You said you want to keep this job."

"Mr. Jung's mother leaves her office at 4, and it takes hours to get there. The hotel's having another event tomorrow. I can't delay my visit." Lloyd wore his black jacket and cap, heading towards the door. "The next time you find anything, tell me immediately. I'm the only person you can trust."

Lloyd left the room and passed by the cafeteria. Mirae, who went looking for him the whole time, spotted him and rushed to the cafeteria. "Mr. Detective!" She called, blocking his way to the door. "You're really here?" She looked at his clothes and sighed. "I knew you were going undercover. There's no way you'd lose your job."

"I did not lose my job-- I resigned." Lloyd looked at the door and saw several grown-ups in suits entering. They're all disgusting. All they think of is attending parties to gain more power. "If you don't mind, I have someplace to be."

Mirae quickly grabbed his arm in desperateness. "You have to help us. It doesn't matter if you're not a detective anymore. You can't lose your experience after resigning, right?" Lloyd faced her with furrowed brows. "Someone sent Winnie a stabbed teddy bear. She said the knife was covered in blood, so she came running to my room. According to her, you were the one who brought her the package."

Lloyd stopped and recalled the package earlier. "The one wrapped in Christmas wrapper?" Mirae raises her brow, not knowing that part. "Where's Ms. Park right now?"

Mirae led the way and rushed upstairs to her room. She unlocked the door and called Winnie's name immediately, but Winnie wasn't around. "Oh my god, Winnie?!" She shouted in panic as she searched the room. "If she came back up there, I'm sending her home!"

They ran to the next floor to Winnie's room. And there she was, looking blankly at the box in front of her. "Ms. Park," Lloyd called, walking towards her. He also looked at the box to see what Winnie was looking at. That's when he saw the message. "Don't try anything?"

Mirae stood behind Winnie and helped her friend up. "I told you to stay in my room. What if that person came here to harass you?" 

"Don't try anything." Lloyd turns to Winnie, his finger pointing at the message in the box. "What were you planning to do?"

Winnie's lips trembled. What if I can't trust him too? He ruled Kane's death as a suicide when he said it wasn't. "I don't know. I was hoping you'd know who sent it. Didn't they say who it was from?"

"'Delivering packages' was on my task list. They only gave me that form to confirm that guests have received it." Lloyd picked up the teddy bear and pulled out the knife. "What did this person want from you?"

Winnie held tightly onto her phone, thinking it could be what Lloyd was talking about.

"Wait..." Mirae narrowed her eyes and walked toward Lloyd. "That knife-- I think I've seen that the other night." Lloyd furrowed his brows, dropping the teddy bear. He scanned the object that turned out to be a pocket knife. "Kit and I were out after curfew, and we saw this guy going downstairs with a knife just like that."