🎭54: Bloodstains

The unfamiliar material she was on woke her up

The unfamiliar material she was on woke her up. Mirae looked warily at the space and recalled what happened that night. "Why didn't he wake me up?" She yawned and stood up to look for Kit in the room so she could say goodbye. He'll get all confused when he suddenly finds the couch empty. "Kit?" She called, opening the door to his bedroom. 

But Kit wasn't inside. Mirae figured he must've left the room already. It was past eleven in the morning, so he was probably out for lunch. "Tsk. How could he leave on his own? I haven't eaten anything too." She said, annoyed that he left her there without thinking if she wanted to eat or not.

Mirae lazily headed to the door so she could finally have lunch. But, she suddenly stopped when she felt something bumpy beneath the carpet under the potted fiddle-leaf fig. Her keenness shot up, taking a few steps away from it. Slowly, she bent her legs and pulled the edge of the carpet up.

A shriek escaped her mouth, seeing a knife stained with blood. She immediately covered her mouth and dropped the carpet, hiding it again. "W-What is that doing here? Why would there be a knife hidden in Kit's room? T-That doesn't make sense. He wouldn't..."

Her trembling fingers reached out for the carpet again and pulled it open. She looked closely at the knife and noticed the blood on its edges. It appears to be wiped clean. "Oh my god, Kit..." She ran around in panic and found her way to the bathroom. "Why is that there? Why does he have it?" She kept repeating as she pulled out tissue papers from the sink's countertop. 

She ran back to the carpet and carefully picked up the knife, wrapping the tissue papers around it. Please, no... It can't be Kit. Everything won't add up! Mirae said in her thoughts in panic. "They shouldn't see this. At least, not in his room."

After wrapping it with the tissue papers, Mirae carefully slid it on the side of her pants, close to her waist. "N-No one will notice. I'll just have to throw it away and--" She panted and whined, realizing what she was saying. 

Suddenly, the door opened, making Mirae shout in surprise. "Are you okay?" She looked at him and palmed the object on her waist. 

"Kit..." She quietly said and looked away. It's not him, Mirae. Get it together. Why would he tell you what happened between him and Kane if he was the one who killed her?! "Yeah. I-I'm good. Where have you been?"

"I went to check on the room service I ordered. It's been forty minutes since I ordered. It should've been here ten minutes ago." Kit looked into her eyes and noticed that he was avoiding him. He cleared his throat and stood straight. "Are you leaving already? I ordered for the both of us so you could stay longer. I think I owe you a lot."

"Oh." Mirae bit her lip, not knowing how to respond. She side-eyed the knife and then looked at him. "I'll just shower. Call me when the food's here." She flashed a quick smile and ran off to the hallway.  

Upon entering her room, Mirae quickly pulled out the knife and tossed it on the table in her living room. "It's not Kit. Someone must've framed him--the fucking killer must've framed him!" She shouted, grabbing her hair in frustration. He just told me how he loved Kane so much last night. Kit has no motive. And to think, it was close to his door. Someone could've just slipped it in. "Right. There are too many possibilities, Mirae. I can't suspect Kit because I saw it under his room's fucking rug."