🎭56: One Who Knew It All

Lloyd looked at Swan, who was looking spaced out since they left the convenience store

Lloyd looked at Swan, who was looking spaced out since they left the convenience store. "Is there anything I should know?" he asked. "You looked fine a few seconds ago." But Swan ignored him and walked briskly to the kitchen backdoor. "I guess something did happen," he told himself and followed after her.

They went to the lounge as Mirae requested. Lloyd and Swan saw the two waiting anxiously at a table in the corner of the room as they entered. "Is she reliable?" Swan asked, looking at Mirae from their position. "I don't think I can trust her."

"Why? Is it because you pulled each other's hair? You know she only acted that way because of Winnie," Lloyd said.

"I don't know. I just don't feel like trusting Mirae." Swan pulled a chair out and sat away from Mirae and Kit's table. "You go and talk to them. I'll stay right here. I don't want other people knowing we're working together." She gestured for him to continue walking and pulled out her phone to not look suspicious.

Lloyd sighed and turned to Mirae and Kit. "Suit yourself," He said and walked to their table. 

Swan looked at Mirae, then at the picture on her phone. "Her parents are shareholders of KEYSTAYS? Do they want to end Kane's case for the sake of their partnership or solely to get recognition? Or... They're just the same as everyone who doesn't want a dent in their reputation. Mirae better be not like them."

"Oh, you're here," Mirae pulled out the chair for Lloyd to sit. He was their only option to get out. "I heard the result comes out in days. Will it be enough to prove Kit's innocence?"

Lloyd sat, looking Kit straight in the eye. "That will be easy if he's really innocent. You will have to tell me only the truth from now on. What was your relationship with Kane Son that someone had to 'frame' you?" He asked.  

Kit glanced at Mirae first, asking if it was okay to tell him everything. Mirae understood his action and nodded. With her assurance, Kit looked at Lloyd and started confessing about his relationship with Kane.

"You were the other guy Kane Son was dating. What the manager said makes sense..." Lloyd quietly said the last words to himself. How did that man know Kane Son was dating two guys? Lloyd furrowed his brows at Kit. "Does anyone else know about this?"

"I only recently told Mirae about us. Kane and I kept it a secret for months. I doubt anyone would've found us out." But someone found out. Lloyd said in his thoughts. "What if someone knew? What could possibly happen?"

"It depends on how that person is related to Ms. Son. I can't tell for sure." Lloyd crossed his arms and casually turned to Swan's table. She was still there, pretending to be busy with her phone. Mirae noticed this, making Lloyd face Kit again. "How about on the night of the murder? You said you returned to the hotel because you weren't feeling well. Was that the truth?"

Kit slowly lowered his eyes and shook his head. "I was supposed to meet Kane after the party. She said she was on her way back, but I couldn't contact her after. I got worried, so I left to check on her. The lights went out when I was on my way back."

"And? Were you able to meet her before she got murdered?"

Kit shook his head and gulped. "The door was narrowly opened when I arrived. That's when I saw her body on the floor. There was a lot of blood, and I couldn't think straight."

"You saw Kane Son's body first. But you didn't report it immediately? You said you would've called for help if you did see someone. She was your girlfriend, but you didn't do anything about it? What did you do when you saw the body? You just fled just like that?"

"I told you. I couldn't think straight--I didn't know what I could do. I was shocked to find Kane lying there when we were supposed to meet that night." Kit's eyes began to water. It alarmed Mirae, who was listening to them the whole time. "You don't know how much I wish I didn't attend the party and stayed with her. I should've been with her that night, but look at what happened. If there was anyone who could've stopped it from happening, it should be me."

Lloyd cleared his throat at Kit's sudden outburst. He glanced at Swan again and caught her looking at them. It seemed like she also heard Kit and felt puzzled about it. "What did I tell you?" Mirae suddenly cut in. "Kit's not the culprit. Someone's setting him up. Help us, please."

"You need to have proof that you arrived after the murder took place. We can't just rely on your statement. Even if you tell them how much you loved Kane, no one will believe that you're not the one who killed her. To tell you the truth, I'm not even convinced." Lloyd looked at Mirae and sighed. "You somehow convinced her for some reason, but that's not the same for everyone."

"What should we do? It was hard to look for evidence of the act itself. Everything happened in minutes without cameras. How are we supposed to find proof that he was outside when it happened?" Mirae worriedly asked. "He's being framed. I just know it."

"If we can't find evidence of him outside the hotel during the murder, we should find evidence of someone framing him. If someone was framing him, that means Kit is not the real killer. Do you have anyone in mind? Someone who would've known about Kit and Kane's relationship."

If only the manager saw that man's features... He couldn't even remember the voice clearly. Lloyd thought.

"Right..." Kit suddenly started. "Kane was meeting someone too. That employee."

Lloyd leans on the table in curiosity. "Employee?"

"Fin Kim. Kane told me she met him because she felt like she knew him. I heard he went missing the next morning." Kit said, indicating that Fin was the person he always suspected.

It was news to Lloyd. He had his eyes wide open while looking at Kit in surprise. "Fin was meeting Kane that night? Then... He should've known about the body earlier. Maybe he was even there before the murder. Are you sure she was meeting Fin Kim?"

"Yes. Why don't you ask Fin about it? I don't know why Kane wanted to meet him, but they sure had met somewhere." 

--

As promised, an update today! As I said, their relationships will be challenged in the following chapters. That includes new suspicions and theories🤭 I hope you guys liked the new updates!! I'll be back with another soon❤ Keep streaming Proof and yet to come!!