🎭73: Upper Hand

Winnie gathered her courage to talk to Swan

Winnie gathered her courage to talk to Swan. She has been thinking about what she should do with the information she got and thought of one that could benefit her interests.

She left her room and used the stairs to Swan's floor. She could use a few steps to ready herself. Unfortunately for Winnie, Swan also happened to be going downstairs, and she crossed paths with Winnie.

Winnie cleared her throat, making Swan stop and look at her. "Is there something you want to say?" Swan asked.

"I got you figured," Winnie started. She took out the broken memory card from her pocket and showed it to Swan. "What else have you filmed? Don't try to deny it. I know you've been filming the rooms."

Swan looked around and laughed nervously. "I think you got it wrong. I don't know what you're talking about."

"I just said you couldn't deny it. I could tip the police about you. Whatever you're plotting will go down the drain. I'm sure you wouldn't want that. Be honest with me before I turn this into a bigger issue." Winnie threatened, making Swan scoff.

"You can't. That's not something you're capable of doing. I know enough about you." Swan was about to continue walking when Winnie grabbed her arm.

Swan turned to her and saw an expression Winnie never once wore. If her eyes could talk, they would've cursed and forced Swan to shut up and cooperate.

"What do you want?" Swan asked.

"You must've had cameras in Kane's room that night. Even if it was far from where the murder happened, I'm sure it would've caught something."

"Why? What if I had something like that?" Swan walked closer. "What are you going to do about it?"

"If you did, why have you never handed it over to Lloyd?" Swan widened her eyes. Winnie knew about them too. "Everyone's been looking for evidence to find the killer. Why aren't you showing it to anyone? Unless..."

"I'm not the one who killed her if that's what you're trying to imply. And if I did have evidence, the case would've been closed a long time ago. I have no reason to keep such crucial evidence--"

"Kane was looking for you." Winnie brought up. "She asked a detective to look for the person who had been spying on her before she died. How could I believe you easily when I know about that too?" Winnie narrowed her eyes.

"How else should I prove to you that I don't have evidence of the murder and that I wasn't the one who murdered Kane? No one has evidence of the crime that night. Believe what you want to believe."

"How about Mirae's room? Did you have cameras in her room too?"

Swan sighed. "Do you think I'd work so hard on these cases if I have the acts caught on camera? We're also trying to solve everything, so don't tell anyone about me until then. You can do however as you please when everything's taken care of."