🎭59: Behind Their Deaths

"Kane Son?" The school principal repeated

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Kane Son?" The school principal repeated. "Yes. She studied here at Hilland, but her parents transferred her to Prim afterward. Is there anything we could help you with?"

Triche looked at Colin, then at the principal. "We were Kane's friends. I'm sure you have heard about what happened to her already. She studied here at Hilland, so we thought there were others she hung out with. Was there anyone Kane was particularly close to? A friend? Seatmate?"

"Kane Son was kind to everyone, so I don't think I could answer that. Is this related to the case?" The principal asked.

"It could be. We're trying to help with the investigation. Please let us know if there's anyone you could think of." Colin handed him a paper with his number written on it. "Thank you in advance." They bid goodbye and exited the room.

"What now?" Triche asks, covering her face with her hands. "Could there be anyone else who would've known about Kane's relationships? Should we ask who were Kane's teachers?"

Colin suddenly noticed the bulletin board behind Triche. He walks closer to it, finding one collage interesting. "Triche, look at that." 

Triche furrowed her brows at him and turned around to look at the picture. "What the hell is that supposed to be?" She asked, looking closely at it. Colin seems to have found something unusual that she couldn't identify.

"Commendable Volunteers of Hilland," Colin read and pointed at the first photo in the collage's left corner. "That's Kane, isn't it?" He looked at Triche, who had just recognized the girl in the photo.

"Oh my god, you're right! I never knew Kane volunteered during grade school. She never told us about this either." Triche looked at the shop's sign next to it. "All Noodles. That's the shop's name. Should we look into it?" She asked, turning to Colin. "Kane volunteered there. Her friends would've come over to check on her."

"Will the owner or employees remember her, though? It's been years." Colin doubts.

"It won't hurt to check. We still have enough time before curfew. And I've seen that shop before. It's in Neon Street--just around Chantelle Manor. We could have dinner there too before going home. What do you say?" Colin looked hesitant. Triche thought he would act like himself again and stop her from investigating. She sighed and walked past him. "You could go home. I'll stop by at the noodle shop first."

"And you thought I would let you go there by yourself?" Colin asked and followed behind her.

Colin was always against them looking into Kane's case. He didn't want to put themselves in danger again. But it was different this time. He was genuinely curious about it himself.

They drove to All Noodles and parked the car outside. It took them over an hour to arrive, and the sun had already set. They meet a grandmother walking around, serving noodles to her customers. The two looked at each other, confused. "Is she doing this by herself? I don't see any helpers." Triche asked.