🎭16: One of Them

"That guy

"That guy... Geo. Do you really think he's having trouble remembering faces? What if he's only acting like that?" Triche asks Colin, who's still snuggling with a pillow in the bed. "I know you said I should stay out of it. But, I thought about it and realized...who the hell are you to tell me shit?" 

Colin heard this and grunted. What did I expect? He thought, burying his face on the pillow. "What did you do this time?"

"I went into Ace's room again and found a bunch of stolen pictures of Kane." Colin immediately got up and looked at her in disbelief. "Hey. It was dark! I made sure he won't find out what I did." Triche takes out the picture of Kane having breakfast with Geo and shows it to Colin. "Anyway, I found this in one of the pictures. When that detective asked if Geo knew Kane, he said he saw her in the cafeteria. How is that possible when Kane was found dead in her room that morning?"

"He's indirectly saying that he wasn't, in any way, related to her," Colin quietly said. "I heard from my parents that Geo can't remember a face. It could be because of that."

"But, is it true? He could remember others' faces like France Park's. I saw Geo saying hi to him earlier. Don't you think he's suspicious?" Triche continues.

"Triche, didn't you know? France and Geo are friends since college. How the hell won't he recognize his friend? Besides, his mom confirmed it herself. Geo probably didn't remember Kane because he only saw her once," Colin explains. He looks at Triche, who's restlessly tapping her shoe on the floor. "I could ask him about it later if you're that curious. Can you let me sleep for another hour?"

Triche turns to him, furrowing her brows. "Are you kidding? It's way past lunchtime. Aren't you hungry?"

Colin lies back in the bed, covering himself with a blanket. "I keep waking up. I suddenly had trouble sleeping."

"Why? When did it start? Are you taking pills?" Triche asked, but Colin only sighed, facing the opposite direction. "You always sleep so soundly. If you're worried about something, you can always talk to me. The next time you couldn't bring yourself to sleep, don't hesitate to call me."

"I get it, now go," Colin said in his raspy voice, moving his hand up down to shoo her away.

Triche clicks her tongue and quietly leaves his room. To her surprise, Ace suddenly went in front of her and pulled her arm. "What are you doing?! Let me go! Help! Help!" Triche shouts in fear as Ace pulls her to the stairs. "You know something, don't you? I know you know what happened to Kane, so you're trying to silence me!"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Ace stops and corners her. "After breaking into my room several times, you don't seem sorry at all." He reaches out his hand to her. "Give them back."

"Give what back?! I did no shit!" Triche shouts, coming clean after taking the pictures from his room. What she did was wrong. But, if it was going to reveal the truth about Kane's death, she was willing to keep denying everything. "Stop accusing me without evidence, you prick!"