🎭65: When Scars Hurt Again

"Someone strangled Winnie, and she's in the clinic

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Someone strangled Winnie, and she's in the clinic. Kit's furious at Mirae. I'm guessing he wouldn't want to help due to the stress this case gave him. Mirae lost interest, and we still have no new lead." Lloyd faked a smile. "Could it get any worse?"

"You're making it look like we're dependent on them," Fin said and raised a brow. "Is that enough to make you look distressed?"

"Fin's right. We shouldn't mind what we lost. Think about what we have. You said you have Winnie's phone. Did you watch the video? The one where Kane was in," Swan said.

Lloyd takes out the phone from his pocket. The sigh he let out made Swan and Fin think they won't be getting any good news now. "I checked and looked for that video, but it's no longer there. I also went through the trash. Do you think there was really a video in the first place? She could've lied."

"It could've been deleted. You also said that Winnie was found unconscious in her room. What if the one who did that to her deleted the video? The question is, why would they do that?"

"The three of you have been working together?" They quickly turned to the door and saw France with Geo. "Isn't this a surprise? I never imagined the workaholic Swan Kim helping an ex-detective and a hotel employee."

Swan, Lloyd, and Fin remained silent while looking at France and his cocky grin. Meanwhile, Geo was showing a look of disapproval towards France. "Why did you drag me into this? I had a peaceful life, for goodness's sake!" He tells the other and flashes an embarrassed smile at the three. "We're sorry for interrupting. You could go on." Geo pulled France from the store's door, but France didn't move. "France."

"I wish to join you. I brought Geo too. He can approach anyone you ask him to." Geo quickly looked at France with his eyes wide. He clearly doesn't want any of this. A minute ago, he was lying on his couch, enjoying his phone's company. France suddenly barged in and pulled Geo without saying anything. "I have connections too. It'd be a waste if you refuse our help." France tells them.

"No. Anyone but France Park," Swan quietly says. "I don't have a good feeling about him."

"I agree. He's too arrogant and shady as fuck. Even if he has connections, he'll be a complete nuisance to the group," Lloyd also says. "I'd have a headache because of him, not because of the case."

"They're actually discussing?" Geo scoffed and tried pulling France again. Still, he failed to do so. "Hey. Who the hell would trust you? Even I won't let you join my group knowing your personality. What makes you think they'll accept you?"

"Winnie's in danger. I need to catch that jerk who broke into her room, and I need their help. Actually, I thought it was only Lloyd. I heard him asking Colin about Kane in the hallway the other day. But having five of us working on this case makes it easier. I'm sure they already gathered information we don't know about Kane's case. Maybe it could lead us to that bastard. For that to happen, I need to be one of them." France walks in and sits on the vacant space beside Fin. "I won't be a douche. I promise."