🎭67: It Goes On

"The doctor says it's okay to go

"The doctor says it's okay to go. You don't know better, do you?" Winnie fixed the sheets and palmed the bandaged scar on her neck. "It'll heal. I don't need to stay in the hospital to wait for it."

"It's better to stay in the hospital until we find the person who strangled you. That person is still walking around the building freely! Is it the room? I'll find you a prettier one." Winnie stopped and glared at him. "Is it the food? I'll have them serve you different dishes every meal." She didn't stop glaring at him, making him turn away. "Could it be the bill, then?" He quietly asked.

"You're not my guardian. You don't have a say in my decisions. I need to go back to the hotel to find my phone. I hope Mirae hasn't sensed that something bad happened to me yet." Winnie walked to the door, wanting to lose France immediately.

France stayed in the hotel that night, which was very inconvenient for Winnie. She kept shooing him away, saying he'll only make her feel uncomfortable. But she only exhausted herself and remembered that France was a stuck-up bastard. "Don't forget that I'm the one driving the car. You can't leave this place unless I say so."

It sounded so wrong, making Winnie turn to him in disbelief. "I'm not someone you can control. Just because you feel guilty now and want something to do about it doesn't mean I'll let you have it your way. If you want to appear sincere to me, at least once, shut your goddamn trap and stop pestering the hell out of me. I don't want you here." She faced ahead again and continued walking.

France was left tongue-tied. He had never heard her curse and found it threatening when she did. "W-Winnie," he stuttered and followed behind her with his head down. 

Before they went out to go to the parking lot, Lloyd suddenly entered and blocked their way. "Oh. I didn't know you were getting discharged today. I was planning to visit you and return this," he said, then took out Winnie's phone from his pocket.

Winnie quickly grabbed it and bowed. "Thank you. I'm sorry I couldn't return to show you the video. But since you got my phone for me, I think now would be a good time to share it with you. Do you have a second? We can talk over there." Winnie pointed at the long bench close to the door.

"I appreciate it, Ms. Park." Lloyd had gone through her phone many times, but he never found the video Winnie was talking about. Still, it's best to check it with her, just in case.

"Winnie," France called as the two walked toward the bench. "She's never changing her mind about it, is she?" He sighed and leaned against the wall and waited for their conversation to end.

"I actually kept a copy of the video. I thought about what you said when I received that package. Someone could be after me because of it." Winnie opened her gallery to look for the original video. She scrolled and scrolled to find it. But just as they expected, it was already gone. "I knew it was going to happen when I got strangled." She smiled and exited her gallery app. "It's okay, though. As long as the other one's still here."