🎭44: Cornered

It was past nine, and there weren't many guests roaming around anymore

It was past nine, and there weren't many guests roaming around anymore. Mirae tiptoed towards the shadow she noticed behind the wall on the right side of the hotel. 'Who the hell is that bitch with? She'll get kicked out the second I find anything shady about her.' She thought to herself. She wanted to make Swan pay for putting Winnie in trouble.

"Mirae Kim?" Mirae quickly turned behind her and saw Lloyd approaching. "What are you doing here? I thought you guys were waiting outside the clinic."

"W-Well..." Mirae looked at the shadow again and noticed that it was gone. She sighed in disappointment and faced him. "Nothing. Just getting fresh air after what happened."

"I actually wanted to ask you about what you said." Lloyd furrowed his brows, recalling the things Mirae said about France earlier. "France park brought a woman into the building. Is that true? When did that happen?"

"That night when Kit and I saw the person holding a knife. I told you about it. The truth is, we also saw France entering the place with some chick. I took a picture of them, but I couldn't tell anyone because it was curfew. We'd get in trouble. You also know that the hotel only lets registered guests enter, right? That jerk let someone he picked up from some street, knowing that rule. And to think! He went aggressive when Winnie brought up the possibility of an outsider entering the place on the day of the murder--" Mirae stopped, realizing what she said. "An outsider entering...with France." She looked at Lloyd, who had a similar surprised look. "Could it be possible that France did the same thing on the night of Kane's murder?"

"And the bars weren't working that night too. That means anyone would've entered, including his side-chick." Lloyd bit his lower lip, starting to patch things up. "France was Kane's fiancé, but he never told anyone about it. It turns out that he was sleeping with other women and brought one into the hotel. That means he had no feelings for her."

"Exactly. And it couldn't be just one. I'm sure France boldly brings anyone here for his pleasure." Mirae fished out her phone from her pocket to show Lloyd the picture. "I also think I know where you're getting. Considering the circumstances, it could either be France or his side-chick who did that to Kane."

Lloyd looked at the picture and zoomed on the girl's face. I don't recognize her anywhere. She's definitely from outside.

"France has a motive. He could've wanted to be free from his responsibilities and date other women. Would he do such a thing with that reason  alone, though?" Lloyd asked.

"He humiliated Winnie when all she did was confess. Do you think he's incapable of killing a girl who doesn't fit his standards, who he only sees as a hindrance to better opportunities? I don't think so." Mirae sighed and started biting her nails. "Then again, it could also be the side-chick. She must've been jealous of Kane and France's relationship."

"Or it was France who ordered her to do it." Mirae looked at him with fear in her eyes. "It's a possibility. But all we have are speculations. We can't do anything unless we have concrete evidence to back us up." Lloyd worriedly said.