🎭38: Resurface

"Get in the car! Get in the car!" Mirae shouts as she drags Kit to the parking lot

"Get in the car! Get in the car!" Mirae shouts as she drags Kit to the parking lot. Kit immediately fished his pocket for the key and pushed the button, unlocking his car. He opens the door for Mirae and runs to the driver's seat.

Without looking back, they quickly got inside and fastened their seatbelts. Kit stepped on the pedal immediately, leaving the parking lot in a second.

The sigh of relief both of them had when the car started running. Kit looked at the rearview mirror to see if the guy was still chasing them. Fortunately, there wasn't a car or person going after them anymore. He turns to Mirae and finds her covering the cut on her arm with her hands. She caught him looking and furrowed her brows. "What? Eyes on the road, or we're gone!"

Kit immediately faced the front, clearing his throat. "W-We should do something about that before it gets worse. I don't think that person's gonna follow us at the hospital."

Mirae squeezed her eyes shut, bumping her head on the car seat. "We should've caught that fucker. How could I let him go?!" Kit worriedly looked at her as she bumped her head on repeat. "He might do something again. Who knows who's gonna be next?!"

Before Mirae's head bumped again, he stretched his hand and blocked her head from hitting the seat. "That's enough. We'll have another chance. Let's be glad we escaped alive."

"This is driving me nuts..." Mirae sighed, opening her eyes. "I just can't figure out what he was doing there. Was he waiting for someone? Was someone waiting for him? Did someone send him to spy on someone? I have so much to ask!"

"We'll get to that after you get your arm treated. Calm down for a second." Mirae threw a glare at him, leaning forward to get her head away from his hand. Kit pressed his lips and returned his right hand on the wheel. "J-Just saying."

--

"This is unbelievable," Geo says while reading the article. "Kane didn't kill herself. It was really a cover-up!" He moved over to France's side on the couch and shoved his phone at the latter's face. "This is scary."

France furrowed his brows when he read the headline. "Murder Disguised as Suicide in Chantelle Manor," He quickly snatched Geo's phone with eyes wide open. "Did the families agree on this? Why would they suddenly dig this up when everything was already quiet? And, they let the public know?"

"As far as I remember, the Sons asked the police to reinvestigate. Apparently, after doing another autopsy, they found out that Kane was incapable of stabbing herself five times. That detective was right all along. It couldn't be suicide." Geo raised a brow, finding it weird how France was sweating a lot. "Why are you so pressed?" He thought about it and gasped. "You... You know something, don't you? Was she one of those you dated--"

"Shut it," France snapped at him. "I'm in no way related to her." He returned Geo's phone and hurriedly took the elevator. 

Geo narrows his eyes. "Something's off about France lately. He's not telling me what's going on with him anymore." He placed his index finger under his chin and thought. "No, no... This isn't right. I can't suspect him--He's my friend. I know him more than anyone." He looked at the article on his phone again before turning it off. "Who could it be? It would be creepy if I ever had a conversation with a killer." He keeps his phone and runs to the hotel's café to take his dinner.