🎭58: Following the Tracks

"Where are you going?" Colin caught Triche leaving his room after going to the kitchen to wash the utensils they used

"Where are you going?" Colin caught Triche leaving his room after going to the kitchen to wash the utensils they used. Looking at Triche's surprised expression, he assumed she didn't want him to catch her. "Why aren't you saying anything? You're not returning to your room, are you?"

"I'll... I need to buy something outside. I won't take long." With that, Triche rushed out of the room and ran to the stairs.

Colin knew that tone. Triche won't be quick, and she's going somewhere she doesn't want Colin to know. So, Colin also took his car keys to follow her.

On her way out, Triche got blocked by one of the guards at the door. Shit. I forgot they're still here. I should've gone through my window. She has been jumping from her room to get out and visit Kane's schools. Unfortunately, she forgot the reason why today. "May I know where you're going, Ms. Moon?"

Just... Just come up with something! She told herself and faked a smile. "I need to see a doctor. My stomach's been aching all morning." She squinted her eyes and palmed her tummy as if it was hurting. "Go ahead and tell my parents. It's an emergency."

"We have an experienced doctor in the hotel's clinic. You could go there to avoid going out," The guard advised.

Triche was getting irritated, but she had to keep that to herself, or else the guard would notice that she was lying. "I see. But I scheduled an appointment with our doctor. It wouldn't be nice if I cancel it."

"I'll have to call your parents--"

"Why are you giving him excuses?" Colin suddenly arrived and stood next to her. The guard faced him with furrowed brows. "I'm going out with her. Do I need to tell you where we're going?"

Triche's ears rang. Going out with me?! She knew Colin was making an excuse, but she thought he should've made a better one. "This is so lame of you," she quietly said, only for Colin to hear. "Fine. We're actually going out for a date. Would you recommend us to do that here? How boring."

The guard looked at Colin, then at Triche. "All right, ma'am," he said and showed them to the door. The two went out and quickly ran to the parking lot.

"I can't believe that shit worked! They'll let two people date, but they can't let me go see a doctor?" Triche said in disbelief.

Colin chuckled and stopped behind his car. "It's the 'password'. Learn from those kids who could go out. I happened to hear one of their reasons and used it every time I had to leave."

"And that 'password' is?" Triche waited as Colin took his key from his pocket.

"You still don't know the purpose of this whole event, do you?" He asked as he unlocked and opened the door. He gestured for Triche to get in, then looked at her when she was all seated. "We're all here to find partners. They won't stop us if we want to socialize." Colin closed the door for her and walked to the driver's seat.

"Hold on. That means everyone needs a partner, even if they don't know them just to get out. Is that what I was missing?" Triche asked in amusement. "That would've been a sight to see."

"And dating is the best reason of them all. Glad you played along." Colin also went in and started the car. "Where are we going, by the way? I saved your ass back there. You better take me with you."

Triche widened her eyes. "Ohh. Right--about that." She faced ahead, clearing her throat. I shouldn't have brought him. He'll nag at me again if I tell him I'm visiting Kane's school. 

"You're going to Hilland, aren't you?" Colin already guessed where Triche was going when she left the room. He only wanted to confirm it. "It's the only place you haven't searched yet. I figured you'd want to go there this time."

"And, you're against it again?" She looked at him and flashed her puppy eyes. Colin leaned back, looking at her in horror. "Can't you just let me go there?"

"Triche, you look horrifying. Don't do that." Colin stepped on the pedal and took off. 

Triche only scoffed at him. "Wow. Is that how you'll treat me? Your girlfriend?!" She dramatically said, putting her hands together like a fragile little girl. "You're terrible! I shouldn't have dated you. Hmph!" She teased.

Colin pulled back to the side to focus on her. Triche leaned away, finding his stare weird. "Is that how you'd react if you were really my girlfriend?" He asked in a serious tone. 

Triche didn't know if it was a genuine question or was teasing her back. She looked away and cleared her throat, not showing her doubt. "Let's stop fooling around now. It's not worth the time. Keep driving."

"What if we dated for real, though? Would it last?" Colin drove back to the road, asking. 

"Why do you think I wanted to make friends with you and didn't ask you to date me in the first place? Friendships last, Colin. It'll only make it awkward between us if we date and break up. That's the last thing I want. Besides, you're not my type. You're annoying as hell. I'd break up with you in a second."

"Should I feel relieved or offended?" Colin chuckled and turned on the GPS to find their way to Hilland Elementary School.

--

"Is that Ace Min?" Lloyd asked with fear in his eyes. He and Fin sneaked through the back door to check the CCTV cameras around the former manager's house. After hours of asking permission, they could finally see footage that caught the person who visited the manager.

The man was covered. It was hard to identify who it was because of the clothes and the time of the day. "We should ask Swan to make it look clearer. Maybe we'd be able to recognize him." Fin suggests.

"It's useless." Lloyd points at the man on the screen. "His face is also covered with a cap. It's the only CCTV in the area, so we don't have better angles of him. This is the closest we could get. I'm sure the new detective in charge could get access to dashcams from vehicles present around that time. They would easily identify him if they knew."

"Why don't we tip them off to find Kane's killer faster?" Fin asked, making Lloyd turn to him in disbelief. "Isn't that what we want?"

"I don't trust them. Swan and I think it's best to do the investigation ourselves rather than rely on them. They might hold information that the public has the right to know. It's better to see the results first-hand." Lloyd left the store first, leaving Fin in front of the monitor.

He replayed the footage and watched the person's face closely. "This person knew about Kane's relationships when they kept it a secret?" Fin narrowed his eyes, hoping to recognize him. But Lloyd was right. He could barely see any facial features. "Tsk. Forget it." Fin also left the store, following Lloyd back to the hotel.

Who the two missed was the person following them. He stood from the bench and watched their backs as they walked away with no new information. "It's not time yet," he muttered and walked in the opposite direction.   

--

A little bit of Liskook to lighten the mood🙈 I thought they were the pair to most-likely have that conversation without it being rushed. Alsooo we got a mystery man in the picture🤭 Keep an eye on him for future events🤍

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you guys liked the chapter somehow💖