🎭24: Power Out

A few minutes before Winnie arrived at the party

"Have you seen Winnie? I just arrived, and I couldn't find her anywhere," Mirae asked Geo in the beverages corner. 

"I haven't. You should ask France, though. He told me he was going to talk to Winnie tonight." Geo was about to drink his blue lemonade when Mirae suddenly pulled it away. "Hey!" He shouted in annoyance, only to face Mirae's threatening glare.

"What did you just say? Why would that animal talk to Winnie?" Geo shrugged in reply, taking back his glass from Mirae. "If he finds Winnie before I do, that girl's gonna lose her mind." 

Mirae turned around and hastily left the beverages corner, pulling up her long skirt to the tables. Winnie's probably all by herself somewhere. How is she going to handle France? That son of a bitch won't stop pestering the hell out of her! 

"Mirae!" Mirae turned around and saw her mother gesturing for her to join them. She stopped and looked at the people gathered over there and saw Benjamin--the guy they kept forcing to her. She was standing close to them, and she could take three steps to go there. It's that easy, but Mirae didn't like their idea. "Come over here for a while. You should meet Ben's parents."

"I have no reason to meet his parents. I basically dumped him that day," Mirae quietly said to herself, hesitating to obey them.

"We'll just talk to get to know each other, Rae," her dad added. Obviously, they're trying to set her up with Benjamin again. 

Mirae scoffed and faced them. "You know what? No. I'm done talking to that guy--"

"You're here too?" Mirae stopped to look at him. It was Kit with a glass of wine in his hand. Her eyes sparkled, realizing that he came at the right time.

"I have company. I'm sorry," Mirae told them, making Kit turn to their table and gasp when he saw her parents. Mirae didn't waste another second and grabbed Kit's right sleeve, pulling him with her to the entrance.

"Were you talking to them? I was surprised to see you at an event like this, so I blurted that out without reading your situation." Kit sounded really embarrassed, but Mirae had a smile plastered on her face.

"Are you kidding? I was getting all uncomfortable back there. Thank goodness you came." Mirae let go of his sleeve and sighed in relief. "I was looking for Winnie this whole time. Have you seen her? Geo said France was planning to talk to her. That should never happen. If he wanted to talk, he would've talked to her like a decent human five years ago."

"You really hate France that much?" Kit asks as he fixes the sleeve Mirae had crumpled.

"Honestly, France can kill himself. I wouldn't care less. You'll know exactly how I feel about him when you hear what he did to Winnie." Mirae looked around from her spot once more to find Winnie. To her disappointment, she still couldn't find Winnie anywhere. "Did she really come here?"