🎭42: Pointing Fingers

"How's your cut?" Kit asked while walking with Mirae to the hotel

"How's your cut?" Kit asked while walking with Mirae to the hotel. "The doctor said you shouldn't move much. I'll look for that guy who did this to you while you rest." Kit opened the door for Mirae to go in and went after her. "Will it be okay with you?"

"Of course not," Mirae immediately answered and faced him. "I might recognize his scent, so you can't leave me out of this." She had a determined look on her face, leaving Kit doubting. He looked at her injured arm, then at her begging eyes. "It's just one cut. I have nothing to worry about. It doesn't even hurt that much right now."

"What if something worse happens?" Mirae rolled her eyes at him and walked briskly towards the elevator. "Mirae!" He watched as the elevator door closed, Mirae glaring at him inside. "I just--" Sighing, he shoved his hands inside his pockets and took the stairs to his room.

His head low, he accidentally bumped into Fin, who just finished talking to France upstairs. Fin faced him and furrowed his brows when he saw Kit's raging stare. "Do you want to say something to me...sir?" Fin asked, sensing the tension building.

"You were supposed to meet her that night," he quietly said, not enough for Fin to hear. "What did you do?" Kit was never like that to any person he met. He's usually friendly. But, he knows something that nobody else in the hotel does. He was only unsure back then. 

"Fin!" Lloyd suddenly called, making Kit look away and continue walking. Lloyd saw him pass by and furrowed his brows. "Woah. Since when did Kit Kim look like he was gonna attack someone?" He looked at Fin to get an answer, but the latter ignored him and headed downstairs. "Did something happen between those two?" He quietly asked himself.

About time, Mirae spotted Lloyd by the stairs and thought of telling him about the person who chased them. "Lloyd, can I talk to you?" She asked, approaching him from behind. Lloyd turned around and immediately noticed her bandaged arm. "Yes. It has something to do with my injury." Mirae looked around them and felt it wasn't safe to talk about the incident around the guests. "How about we talk in the lounge?"

Lloyd nods and follows her to the hotel's lounge. They sat at the far back near the window to keep their conversation private. Mirae also made sure no one else was sitting close to them. "Kit and I saw someone suspicious while helping with the decorations. He was hiding behind the boxes as if he was looking for someone."

"Did you see this person's face? A facial feature?" Lloyd asked.

"His face was also covered, similar to the ones Kit and I saw before. But, he was wearing this--this blue jacket. I'd recognize it when I see that clothing again." Mirae looked around again before continuing her story. "When Kit and I followed this guy, he suddenly chased us. No, wait-- He was trying to capture me. If it weren't for Kit, who knows what would happen to me? We were hiding from this guy inside a large trash can. I accidentally cut my arm with a piece of a metal roof while hiding."

Lloyd sighs, slowly nodding his head. "You said that man wanted to capture you... Why?" He looked at her with furrowed brows. "Can you think of a motive?"