🎭49: Daphne Dill

"Daphne Dill

"Daphne Dill... Is that even a real name? Is she a foreigner or something? I was just taking a wild guess, but I might be right." Mirae sat at a table in the lounge after her situation with Kit. "Now I understand why he said he knew what I felt. I thought he was only making it up to comfort me."

"It won't take long!!" Mirae quickly turned around, hearing Triche's voice from the stairs. "I'll just ask about that waitress and go home. I'm dying to know what really happened. You know I can't control my curiosity." What are they talking about? Mirae thought as she followed them with her eyes.

Colin's words were already too inaudible when they got to the table on the far left of the room, so Mirae shook it off and minded her business. She stood from her table and went to the snack bar to get herself something to eat. She took two granola bars from the shelf and brought them to the counter. "Daphne Dill, Daphne Dill. What the fuck is a Daphne Dill~" she quietly sang to herself, still bothered by Kit's reaction. 

Suddenly, a stack of grocery baskets behind her fell, alarming the people in the snack bar, including Mirae. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," She looked at the person standing close to it and furrowed her brows, seeing Colin looking troubled. He immediately ran off to their table, where Triche was waiting.

"What the hell? Isn't he gonna put them back?" Mirae clicked her tongue in disappointment and proceeded to pay for her snacks.

--

"We have to go," Colin started, confusing Triche, who thought they were having noodles. "Let's eat some other time."

"What's gotten into you? You wanted to eat noodles so bad to stop me from visiting that bar. Did you forget your card? I have mine with me. Just pay me back lat--"

Colin didn't wait for her to finish and grabbed her arm, pulling her up. "I change my mind. Let's eat in your room." Triche furrowed her brows. She didn't know why he was panicking, but she followed him to her room anyway.

Arriving, Colin went straight to the kitchen to prepare some cup noodles. Triche watched him from behind, squinting her eyes. "It's been a while since you acted like this. You were fine a few minutes ago. You just went to get noodles and came back all weird. What could possibly happen in those few minutes?"

Colin pours out hot water to both cups as he recalls the name Mirae was singing earlier. "H-Hey. Do you still remember the names we used in Into?" He asked. "What was Kane's name again?"

"I remember mine. It was Edel Wise. We decided to name ourselves after the flowers of our choice. Yours was Grand-something, wasn't it? And Kane's... Huh. I actually forgot what hers was," Triche said and looked at the ceiling. "She was new to the group, so her flower meant 'new'. What was it again?"

Colin's hands shake as he brings the noodles to Triche. "Daffodils," he said, making Triche clap her hands, finally remembering it.

"Oh, right! Daphne...Daphne Dill!" Triche shouted in excitement. Picking their names was one of the most memorable parts of being a part of Into. It was one of the good memories, and she felt happy looking back on that time. "That was so out of the blue. Why'd you ask?"