🎭62: Cruel Choices

"Did you find anyone suspicious? Kit, his parents, Mirae, and the cleaners he asked for are those who could enter his room with his permission

"Did you find anyone suspicious? Kit, his parents, Mirae, and the cleaners he asked for are those who could enter his room with his permission. It has to be one of those people." Lloyd arrived at the hotel and immediately asked Fin for updates. "We don't know if he's the killer because the police aren't sharing anything. There's a chance that it wasn't him."

"I asked around, but they said Kit Kim never asked anyone to clean his room. That means it can't be one of them. And I don't think Kit's parents would put their son into trouble. That leaves us with Mirae and the possibility of another guest or employee." Fin answered. "Are you sure we can trust Mirae Kim?"

"I'm starting to doubt her, to be honest. I didn't expect Mirae to sell him out. But then again, it could be because she got forced to tell the truth. Her parents got a hold of that knife because they threatened her. I have a feeling that Mirae will ask for help again. Let's be patient with her."

"That brat ignored me!" Swan entered the convenience store with rage. "Everyone's silent about it. I expected Mirae to be all, 'It wasn't my intention. I know my friend's innocent,' but she didn't. She just looked at me and returned to her room. I'm getting a bad feeling about her. What if she planned all this? What if she was the one who killed Kane and was looking for the right person to put all the blame this whole time? Kit's the perfect person for that. She must be all fucking giddy."

"Swan, we can't jump to conclusions--"

Swan cut him off. "I don't think we should keep getting information from her. Mirae's too unreliable at this point, Lloyd. She could've been lying to you." 

"Mirae never lied. This is the only time she seemed suspicious. We have proof of the person chasing them. She also told us about the guy with a knife first and, you, sneaking into Kane's room." Lloyd defended.

"Okay. I think we should stop here," Fin said, making the two stop arguing. "You said Mirae was sure that Kit got framed, right? We'll find out if she's reliable if we confirm that. As Lloyd said, Mirae's been telling the truth. She could be telling the truth this time, but it's yet to be confirmed. I suggest we look for evidence of someone framing Kit Kim."

"I told Mirae about this the other day. Since there were no cameras or witnesses that night, the only thing that could prove Kit's innocence is the real murder weapon. If we find that first, Kit will be set free, and we'll have the biggest lead. If the other side finds it before we do, it will be tough for us to find the killer first." Lloyd explained.

That very next day, Winnie woke up to her text message, not getting a response from Mirae. "What's this? She hasn't even read my message?" She quickly got up from bed and sprinted to Mirae's room in worry.

The news about Kit only reached her later last night after returning to the hotel. Winnie got worried about Mirae, but it was almost curfew. She didn't want to barge into Mirae's room that late. That's why she sent her a text instead.