Chapter 1: Papercut

What awaited us...     Was a huge library.

"HOLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY MOLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!" Danny screamed, clearly amazed by the library's size.

I was amazed at how he forgot one of the most important rules in these kind of places.

"Wow..." George muttered, taking in the size of the place, "It's huge..."

"I know," I whispered back, "Way bigger then I thought it'd be..."

"...Well...     Let's take a closer look at it." George nodded, heading towards one of the bookshelves.

I simply took in the sight, hoping to remember it. Multiple bookcases storing thousands of books laid along the walls, more bookcases standing wall-less further back into the room. Wooden ladders rested against the bookcases, supposedly to aid those who wanted a book up high. A few tables with elegant chairs resided closer to the door, believably for those who wanted to read. What really was stunning, however, was that there was a grand staircase with golden banistes leading up to a second floor. Well, it seemed more like a series of thick balconies, considering the hight of the room.

I quickly walked towards the bookcases in the back of the room, mainly because I wanted to see the ladders there. They were scarily tall, and what's more, I'm guessing that they're also very heavy...

I continued wandering amongst the bookcases, taking in the dusty air surrounding each bookshelf. Soon, I came to a corner. I turned around it, being surprised to see Danny on his knees in the opposite corner, holding something papery.

"Hey...    Danny?"

"GAH!-" The dog in the slightly torn purple t-shirt jumped at my voice, before turning to me. "Oh, hey Peppa..."

"Are you ok?"

"Y-Yeah...     I just found this weird...    Letter..." He stood up, before handing the paper to me. I took it into my hands, reading through it.

...

"Don't think that you lot are gonna get out of this clean. There will be blood spilt within a week, trust me..."

...I wasn't expecting that...

"... Should we show the others?" Danny asked me. I nodded my head frantically, as we both started running to the front of the room.

"Hey! George! Suzy! Come over here for a while, please!" Danny shouted out, I rolled my eyes slightly as I heard Suzy running down the extravagant staircase.

"What is it...?" George looked at us, rubbing his neck a bit.

"We found this weird letter. Well, technically I found it first..." Danny explained as I handed the letter to George and Suzy so they could read it themselves.

Their faces were just as shaken as mine when they handed the paper back to Danny.

"...What does this mean?" Suzy asked shakily.

"I-I don't know..." George stuttered, "How did you find it, Danny?"

"I'm not fully sure...    I was checking out some of the books on the shelves, when I heard a clicking noise. I turned around, confused as to what it could be, when I noticed the paper. I picked it up, read it, and...     Yea." Danny shrugged a little bit.

"Clicking?" I looked at Danny. "I didn't hear anything. It was quiet as night..."

"I had already read through the whole letter before you saw me with it."

"...This is confusing..." George rubbed his head, clearly not understanding the situation.

I also didn't get it.

How did a letter like that get here?

...

Wait.

What if there's someone else here...?

What if...       Th- They wrote that letter...

Well, th- that could be Monopotato, but...        We w- would've noticed him...     Right?

I-I...    

Who...       W-Wrote-

"PEPPA!"

I stumbled back, being snapped out of my thoughts by a certain lamb's screaming.

"Finally! Peppa, what's going on? You look like you had malnutrition for a moment!"

"...Sorry, Suzy...     I was just stuck in thought..."

"It's ok...     I just worry a bit when you go a bit blank..." Suzy nodded softly, before hugging me slowly. I felt my face warm up a little bit as I eventually hugged back.

"Uhm...      Girls? I am STILL HERE."

Suzy quickly let go, staring at Danny. "Oh quiet you soggy mutt, I'm straight..."

"Hey!"

"That's not true, she's bisexual!" I argued back playfully, laughing a bit. Suzy stood still for a few minutes, before covering her face with her arms.

I smiled to myself, soon noticing George smirking a little bit at me.

"Oh don't you dare get any ideas." I sternly looked at him. He giggled a bit, before replying.

"Don't worry Peppa, I won't." He smiled.

Then, we heard the doors behind us open with a little creak. We turned around, seeing Kylie, Gerald, Delphine and Wendy at the door.

"Hey there!" Kylie hopped over to us, "How's things?"

"Kinda awkward..." Suzy replied, "We found this weird letter." She took the piece of paper from Danny, handing it to Delphine, who read through it alongside the other three.

Delphine dropped the paper afterwards.

"What...     The..." She sputtered.

"I know...      I also don't understand it." Danny nodded, clearly confused.

"Hm..." Wendy scratched her head a bit, "Maybe we should keep hold of it..."

"Oui..." Delphine replied.

"Hey, uh, Delphy! You look a bit stressed..." Suzy nodded a bit, "Do you want to walk with me for a bit? Maybe I can calm you down a little..."

The donkey in the magenta cardigan and faded blue skirt nodded slowly, as Suzy took her up the stairs. I turned to the others that were in the room, who were all wondering silently.

Eventually, Gerald broke the quiet.

"So...      What do we do now...?"

____________________