Chapter 2: Booze And Bleach

Swaying the door of the music room closed behind us, me and Danny continued down the hall, stopping to view the next door on our right. This door was more unique, however: It was made with a darker wood, and it had a small metal label on the front.

"Now then...         Secretary's office?" Danny focused, reading out the label.

"Maybe this has something that could help us out? Secretaries are important parts of every school..." I mentioned.

"Good point! Lets go!"

But when Danny took a hold of the opaque-shined doorknob, and twisted it, the door didn't move.

"...Huh?"

The dog tried twisting the knob harder. The door only wobbled around within the doorframe. 

"Dammit. It's locked."

"Well...      On to the next room!" I sighed, moving along. Danny soon caught up with me.

That was a shame...        I was looking forward to seeing if there was anything helpful for us in that room...

"So. What's in here?" The dog asked hypothetically, twisting the doorknob and opening the door to a thankfully not locked room. The minute we headed inside, however, there was an immediate shock.

"...This is...        A bar."

Soft, cylindrical lights hung on the sides of the walls, shining a mood light throughout the velvet walled room and across the varnished oak floor. Many dark, oak tables resided along the sides of the room and occasionally in the center, with old rock and roll posters hung up here and there. At the end of the room, a long bar island stood, also made of oak, with smooth cushioned bar stools sitting in front of it. And behind that bar...     Were shelves. Full of alcohol.

Taking a glance at Danny, I could notice that he was sweating really badly. 

He really doesn't like alcohol, then...

"...Danny? Are you good?"

"...NOPE! NOT AT ALL!"

"Yeah, I can tell!" A voice suddenly called, "You don't like alcohol. Neither do I!"

"What? Who's that?"

Confusion rang through my ears, as I leapt forward to the voice's origin. 

Well, I wasn't sure exactly where it was, but it sounded like it was from behind the bar.

Yanking my body around the corner of the bar, I laid my eyes upon an orange sight on the floor.

It was...     Freddy. Covered in...      Alcohol?

"Freddy...      What the?"

"Don't ask. I accidentally bumped into the shelves, and this...      Bottle of cointreau fell on me. Luckily it didn't break, the cap just cracked off."

"That sounds a bit crazy, Freds." I noticed Danny behind me, walking up besides me.

"How many times have I asked you to stop calling me that...?"

"Uhh...      Too many?"

"..." A silence sounded out as Freddy looked at Danny sceptically. Soon afterwards though, his sight lightened up.

"...That's my boy. Haha!" The fox giggled, getting onto his knees, then his feet, revealing the bottle of liquid that he had mentioned earlier, it's yucky-orangy contents spilling out.

"Oh, man...      I'm really gonna need a shower after this is done."

"Heh, yeah...     I didn't think you'd have this kind of energy in you, Freds!"