Chapter 2: Accusation Accommodation

"Huh. That's weird. Let me have a look." Monopotato gave Freddy an eye, followed by a cold shoulder, before running up to the fox and his assigned case. Taking a good look at the duralumin case, he soon smiled widely.

"Ah, yes! He's right on, folks! Freddy's case appears to be empty! And trust me, I have absolutely nothing to do with that..." Monopotato sweated a bit, giggling to himself as he returned to his half of the bland gymnasium.

"..."

Multiple eyes laid themselves upon the fox, as he stared into the emptiness of the duralumin case at his feet. It was easy to tell that worry was starting to take over his conscious thoughts: His narrowed pupils and glossy eyes gave it away.

"Hey. Freddy." Pedro turned his head to the fox in the checkered shirt.

"...What?"

"Are you the traitor?" The pony asked again, stepping a little closer to Freddy.

"...I thought I told you to shut up about that topic."

"I-I was just thinking... Maybe you don't have a weapon because you're working with Monopotato... And thus he'd easily be able to give you some kind of weapon to kill with! He wouldn't need to give it to you via this whole motive thing!"

"Pedro. That's-"

"Enough Freddy! You're the traitor and that's that!"

"NO HE ISN'T!"

A shout launched out from Danny, as he dashed up to the accusation, axe pressed against his chest. He messily jammed himself in the gap between Pedro and Freddy, wedging the two apart. The pony immediately took a few trots back, soon taking more with the dog aiming his axe at him. A sparkle of threat and defense in Danny's eyes shone to all of us, including Freddy, which was confusing considering that he couldn't see Danny's eyes from where he was standing.

"Stop accusing him Pedro."

"Wh- What the-"

"BACK OFF. He's not the traitor, and we all know it. Stop accusing him!" Danny barked at his friend, the echo repeating itself in the gym's halls making us shiver emotionally.

"What...      What's gotten into you Danny?!"

"More like what's gotten into YOU, Pedro! The only reason why you started accusing Freddy in the first place was because Monopotato had asked him to wake us all up a few days ago! You accusing him must've given Monopotato the idea to try and lay more evidence on him! That's why his case is empty!"

"Hey! Leave me out of this!"

"Wh-What about the fact that he's Monopotato's number one gossip pal?!"

"...What the fruit did I just say."

"It's just coincidental! If you think about it, Monopotato also has a thing for talking with Rebecca and Peppa! Let it go!"

"I...      I..."

"Pedro, this isn't going on any further. Leave him alone already."

"..."

A shuffling of hooves was heard. A few sputters were coughed. Then, Pedro dashed to the side, bending down swiftly to pick up the wooden sword that he'd unconsciously left on the laminated floor, before sprinting out of the gymnasium with a shocking speed.

Danny gave a few huffs, before staring down at the waxed floors of the average gym. He slowly, and carefully twirled around to face Freddy, who had been petrified like a ghost. The dog sighed, pressing his axe close to his chest again.

"You alright Freds?"

The fox didn't reply. Instead, he cautiously began to walk away from Danny, arms wrapped around his waist, blush plastered on his face. Danny, who seemed to realise the fact that Freddy would be approached by Pedro once again if he left alone, swiftly rested his axe back into the black case he had been given, locked it up, picked it up by its handle, and rushed after the fox, joining him just as the two left the gym.

"..."

"...That was...        Eventful." Emily coughed, twirling her truck a bit.

"Yeah. Anyways, there's nothing else for you to see here, so...    Get out. And take your weapons with you."

"There is something else I'd like to ask though." Kylie cocked her head onto her shoulder.

"...What?"

"This may sound stupid, but are you giving any weapons to Wendy? Or Gerald? Or Delphine?"

"...As a matter of fact, yes!" The potato laughed, hands on supposed hips. "Man, I almost forgot! BRING IN THE REMAINING CASES!"

More clicking was heard. And in mere moments, three more cases leapt out of three holes in the floor, all in front of Monopotato. Each of them had their own post-it note stuck on them, similar to our own cases. On each note, there laid one of the names of the three of us who had died to the hands of the game.

"Here are the cases that would've been given to those who had died! In Delphine's we have a wooden plank with nails! In Wendy's, we have a very reliable handgun, and in Gerald's we have a club! ...Of some kind." Monopotato explained, rubbing the part of his head underneath his hat afterwards.

"Also, just to let you know, I'll be leaving these cases in their respective owners' rooms."

"What's the point of that?" I questioned.

"Maybe you should try having a tea party with Delphine's ghost, Peppa. Think about it."

"..."

Monopotato grabbed a tight hold of all three cases in one of his stick-like hands, before grinning at us. "Hopefully the traitor will bite the dust soon~...      Now get out, and take your weapons with you."

Multiple snaps cried in the room as we all shut our cases, with our motive weapons inside them. We then handled our respective case in our hands, before leaving the gymnasium with a solemn heart. Monopotato waving us goodbye didn't brighten our mood, though.

I couldn't stop myself from sighing the moment I left the gym.

"Hey. Sis."

Giving a glance down, my eyes landed upon George, also with a case in hand. "Oh, hey bro."

"What did you get from him?"

"A baseball bat. It seemed to be rather new. What about you?"

"I got a kitchen knife. I don't get it though. There's plenty of kitchen knives around here."

"You're right there..."

Despite the topics being discussed between us, the conversation was eerily normal. It wasn't like the topics frightened us, or seemed weird in any way. They were just...      Normal to us now.

The topic of life and death murder motives didn't affect us that much.

We had gotten used to them by then, after all.

"Hey, Peppa."

"Hm?"

"Do you maybe wanna hang out with a few people soon? Just to get the thought of murder our of our heads?"

"Why not? It's not like we have a nine-to-five job or something along those lines."

"Thanks! Maybe we can hang out with Rebecca and Richard? Just for old times sake?"

"I'd love that. I don't think that it'd be a good idea to hang out with them with weapons on our personnel, though."

"Oh, no no. We're not going to visit them with WEAPONS in our hands. We can just leave them in our rooms, then go to play with them. Sounds like a good plan?"

"Yep. Sure does."

____________________