Chapter 3: Cutthroat Gift-Wrapping

*Ding dong bong bing...*

"Cock-a-doodle-doo! Cock-a-doodle-doo! Time to get up everyone, 'tis time for yet another day of blood to be shed~!"

...Yawn...    Tut tut...

...

WAIT, SHOOT!

I launched out of the bed immediately, sending the two plushies flying away randomly. Almost at once, I dashed over to the corner desk in the room and grabbed a blank piece of paper from a messy pile of it, followed by the only working pen out of multiple other, dried out ones. Mustering as much creative strength as I could, I started scribbling letters as neatly as I could on the paper. (It ended up being a complete mess.)

During all this writing, I kept glancing my eyes back and forth between the topic of my early rising: The kitchen knife from the last motive.

The other thing my eyes kept bounding between was the words on my paper, still being written down in swift fashion.

Ok, fair enough, I deserve an explanation for you all. Why was I up so damn early writing random stuff while glaring at the knife at times?

Allow me to clear up the confusion: Remember the conversation I had with Rebecca?

Well, she said she wanted to protect Freddy with her motive weapon. And that got me thinking.

Surely Freddy could protect himself just as well? I mean, if he had a weapon to protect himself with. And as most remember, Freddy wasn't given a weapon by Monopotato.

So...    Why shouldn't he have something to defend himself? Y'know, just in case he gets attacked while Rebecca isn't with him...?

And anyways! I'm too young to be wielding weapons!

...Right...?

Either way, I was gonna end up giving the knife to him today. Ever since that run-in with Rebecca, I've been planing to give Freddy a little extra protection with this move.

...Damn, with all of this explaining, I've gotten so zoned out I've started dribbling doodles on my card.

Wait, no! Uh- Darn.

Swiftly scribbling the miswritten words out with a couple harsh ink lines, I soon went over the note once again, double-checking.

...Yeah, I think that gets the point through...

It's not the best, but it definitely does the job.

With my eyelids shaking from nervousness, I slowly reached for the knife laying nearby. It took me a bit more willpower than I expected, probably because I was reaching for a bladed weapon to give to Freddy Fox. 

And said fox just lost his best friend. So...

...Nevermind that, George. His depressive state could be used to target him for murder. He NEEDS something to defend himself with.

As mentioned before, it took a small moment to actually grab the knife. But once I did, I immediately wrapped it within the paper of the note I had thrown together earlier, thus making a makeshift package. It was a delicate work to pull off. Especially when considering that the knife could tear through at any moment with a bit of pressure in the wrong spot.

...God, thinking about that makes me worried.

I-I should probably just deliver this to Freddy as soon as possible. Then the worry will be over with.

Grabbing the blade from the paper coated handle and swinging it to face downward, I started to trot my feet towards the door.

Only to remember I hadn't gotten ready for the day whatsoever.