PLAYGROUP TRIAL 1: Part 4

Suzy: So...     Now what?

Danny: I'm not sure...    Hearing the news of Delphine trying to kill someone is a lot to take in...

Freddy: Let's go over the order of events again, taking into account Delphine's attempt to murder. Then, we can adjust it if something sticks out.

Suzy: Sure, I'll start! After the poker game last night, Delphine went to the nurse's office and stole one of the scalpels. She made a mess while doing so, though.

Candy: She took the scalpel back to her room for later, then began writing the letter.

George: She had to use parts of French in it, due to her difficulty with the English language. Once she finished writing it, she slipped it underneath the culprits' door.

Rebecca: Then, she took the scalpel and headed off to the library. The culprit must've gotten the letter and went to the library as it said.

Emily: Once the culprit got there...     Delphine attacked them with the scalpel. They ended up getting into a fight, which ended with the culprit pushing the ladder onto Delphine...

Freddy: ...Wait a moment.

Peppa: Hm?

Freddy: ...When would the culprit have the chance to push the ladder onto Delphine?

Gerald: Oh, good point. If they were in a fight, then the chance to get the ladder to crush Delphine would've been a bit frantic...

Rebecca: So...    How could that have been accomplished?

Zoe: ...Maybe the ladder was pushed onto Delphine...     By Delphine.

Pedro: Really? More stuff that was unexpectedly done by the victim?

Zoe: What I mean is, maybe the culprit threw Delphine into the ladder, which caused it to fall on her. 

Emily: But Zoe...        That's quite a stretch. Is there anything that proves it...?

Zoe: I have a few good reasons. Listen closely, everyone.

) Nonstop debate (

- Third Discoverer
- Wendy's Notepad
- Dark Fabric

Zoe: The chance of being able to get behind the ladder...
(Third Discoverer)

Zoe: And suddenly pushing it onto Delphine would've been a difficult task.
(Third Discoverer)

Zoe: It makes more sense logically if Delphine was thrown into it, and then the ladder fell onto her.
(Dark Fabric)

Richard: Is there any other option?
(Dark Fabric)

Zoe: Not that I can think of.
(Dark Fabric)

Zoe: Unless the fight got taken to the second floor, which in that case we'd need to rethink the whole scenario...
(Dark Fabric)

Peppa: I agree!

} BREAK {

Peppa: Hey, Zoe...      I think that the fight did end up on the second floor.

Zoe: Hm? How can you tell?

Peppa: I found a piece of dark fabric on the second floor. It seemed to be torn from something.

Danny: Maybe it was ripped off from a piece of clothing?

George: If it was, then that means that the fight had occurred on the second floor. And that nullifies not only Zoe's theory, but also our entire current idea of how the case went.