Chapter 2: Quickshotted

After a brief break to wash the teatowel's blood off my hands, I was back in the dorm hallway. Ready to investigate once again.

First things first, I checked the nameplate on the dorm Danny's body was found in to certify what Pedro said was true. It was; Danny's name was on the nameplate.

...Not like I don't trust Pedro or anything like that.

Just...    Just double checking.

A-And anyway, there's no way he could've even committed the murder! We were all stuck in the changing rooms earlier!

...

...Actually...    About that 'incident'.

Maybe that has something to do with this.

Right. To the pool next, I guess.

...Wait.

There's another door that's open.

Taking a slight detour, I walked slowly towards the open door. I quickly checked the nameplate to make sure that I wasn't checking Danny's room again.

I wasn't.

In fact...    I was checking out Wendy's room.

...

Some slight confusion took a hold of my mind, as I peeked into the room. It seemed perfectly fine, for the most part.

...I'd better keep note of this.

*'Wendy's Dorm' Has been added to the Truth Bullet section of your handbook.*

Now then. Moving on.

I swiftly made my way to the staircase, hopping up it as fast as I could, soon reaching the metallic doors to the pool once again. The two elephants were also there, checking out some kind of broken, lengthy stick laying on the ground.

I hope nobody was behind me while I was going up the staircase...

Wait. Uh. Screw that thought.

"Hey, uh...    Emily? Edmond?"

"O-Oh. Hey Peppa." The older of the two replied, as the younger was busy scribbling something into his black sketchbook.

...I kinda forgot that he had that, actually.

"What're you investigating?"

"It's this mop on the floor." Edmond suddenly mentioned, "It seemed to be broken by some kind of harsh impact to the centre. Y'know, a little like when you snap a pencil."

"Wait a minute, uh-" I took one end of the broken stick into my hoof and flipped it upwards, nearly being smacked by the sudden tails of fabric glued on the end.

...Yeah, that's definitely a mop.

*'Mop' Has been added to the Truth Bullet section of your handbook.*

"Where did it come from?" I questioned.

"Uhm..." Emily started, "Janitor's closet."

"But doesn't that need a key to open it? Actually, better question - Doesn't Edmond have the key to open the closet?" I squinted lightly at the elephant in the forest green jacket. He turned to me skeptically.

"Yes, about that key." He began, "I had the key the whole time until today. Before I snoozed off during the pool party, I'm pretty sure that I had kept the key with me-"

"You put the key in your swimming trunks?"

"There's another trunk where I could've put it, however it's possible I would need surgery to get it out afterwards."