Chapter 1: Brick-Hard Truth - Deadly Life Start!

*DRINNNG*

"I wonder who that could be?"

*Creak*

"Bonjour, I am Delphine Donkey. I have come to see Peppa!"

"It's Delphine! Bonjour!"

"Bonjour!"

The memory of when I first saw Delphine rushed through my head. Following it were all the other times that we had spent together. When she came to stay with us, when we went to visit her in Paris, the poker game we played...

All the way up to her lifeless body sitting at the foot of the library staircase.

...Au revoir, Delphine.

____________________

I couldn't peel my eyes off the sight. Blood splattered out onto the carpet underneath her head, one of the curved ladders resting by her side, her leg also noticeably damaged...

It was too much for Pedro, apparently. His mouth had been trembling for a while after the announcement had sounded out, however now he was letting out a few murmurs. That turned into shouting, which eventually became an ear-carving scream. During his release of the horrifying sound, he fell down onto his knees, running his hands through his hair roughly.

"Guys?! What's going o-" 

Rebecca rushed into the library, stopping at Pedro's feet, her eyes laying upon the donkey's body. Her expression stiffened along with her legs, as her face slowly took on a shade of green, eventually covering her whole face as her cheeks puffed up.

"Hrk-!"

The rabbit then dashed out of the room, faster than I'd seen her before. After a while, the harsh cry of intense vomiting sounded out from behind us. And yes, we could hear it - Pedro had stopped screaming by then.

I hadn't taken my eyes off of Delphine's corpse.

I didn't want to take them off.

...Who did this?

Wh- Who here had the honest m-motivation to k-kill her...?!

WHO D-DID TH-THIS TO H-HER?!

WHO WOULD-

"Peppa?"

"WHAT?-"

"...Jeez. Sorry..."

I shook my head as I looked at who called my name. My heart skipped a beat when I realised it was Suzy. She had just as horrified a face, one of her legs were shaking.