Chapter 3: <title>Execute!</title>

"HEY! GEORGE!-"

"AHHHHH-"

I squailed in shock, barely able to throw my hands up to shield myself from the incoming elephant. Either way, that wasn't able to protect either of us from plummeting to the ground, our bodies friendly entangling with each other.

"J-Jeez, Edmond... You need to find a calmer way to greet me when you get excited." I gave a sharp nod to the ecstatic young elephant, my head dragging against the ground tiles.

"True, but that doesn't matter at the moment." Edmond smiled in glee at me, his green jacket swaying a bit. "This does: The blocked up computer in the IT room is finally unlocked!"

"...What?"

"Yeah! You heard me right! It only took around a week and a half to clear out the security system on it..."

"...So wait, hold on-" I lifted myself into a sitting position, knocking Edmond off me while doing so. We soon managed to get back onto our feet. "You're saying that the trick you did with the microchips in the computer's monitor all that time ago finally did something?"

"It wasn't just microchips. I also had to debug the system, before unexpectedly intentionally throwing it into override. From then on, I had to monitor it for a good amount of time to make sure it didn't delete all its data or something."

"...Oh."

I gave a soft nod to him, shock running through my veins. Then, shock began to hit my nerves.

...What could be on that computer?

If it was locked up in a way that it made it practically difficult to access it... Surely it must be hiding something, right...?

Maybe... Maybe its hiding something... Vital for us to know...

"George?"

"Say, Edmond...?" I raised my head, "You don't mind if I can check out the computer with you, right?"

"Oh, of course not! The more intel we know as a group, the better." The elephant gave a quick smile at me, before pondering forwards towards the stairs.

"Edmond?"

"What, I thought you said you were coming?" The elephant joked, making me realise he'd trusted me to follow him.

"Oh, yeah yeah coming-" I sprung my legs back into action. Edmond smiled understandingly, soon continuing on the short trip to the IT room, now with me by his side.

____________________

"So, how many people have you told about this...?"

"Not too many." Edmond flicked his head a bit, busy starting up the seemingly complex monitor of the corner computer. "Only you, Richard, Emily and Peppa."

"That's... Quite a few, Edmond."

"Yeah. It's not too many though."

"Hold on buddy, surely this is information that you should share with... Y'know... Everyone?"

"...Yeah. But you can't be too safe. Someone could take advantage of this."

"How so?"

Edmond glared up at me, his ears flopping. "We all saw and know what Candy did, George. She took advantage of a very important piece of information Monopotato gave us."

"Wait, you actually believe that there's a traitor here?!" I took a small step back, nearly bumping into one of the multiple chairs set up along the other computers.

"Unfortunately... Yes. There's no way a robot could've set this up by themselves: A robot needs to be activated. So... Someone must've activated him. That someone could be the traitor, or even the mastermind..."