Chapter 1: Aftermath Of The Afterlife

"..."

The sight was unrecognisable. The television had fulfilled it's duty of transporting Gerald's final moments to us, and now was slipping back into the wall in which the giraffe had been launched into.

"WOOHOOOOOOO!!! EMOTIONALLLLLLL!"

"Wh...    What the..."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

"Rest in peace Gerald..."

"*sob*  W-Why..."

"Now then. It's around 1-2 o'clock right now, so...     Playgroup trial dismissed! All participants may return to the school."

With that, a loud bang on wood was heard, followed by a cryptic ding from the lift.

"I guess...        We should head back..." Rebecca sighed, gripping her arm as she started edging back to the lift, Richard close behind. They were followed by Pedro, Zoe, Danny, Freddy and Emily.

"P-Peppa..."

"Hm?" I looked to my right, seeing Suzy with a shaken face, and her arm gripping her faded white jacket as her blossom pink skirt slowly swayed. Her cotton was like a flurry ice cream sundae, little wisps of it floating around her.

"Can I...      M-Maybe hug you?"

"Oh. O-Ok." I stepped out of my trial stand, slowly wrapping my arms around Suzy's waist as I felt her own under my shoulders. It felt...           Deep. We were deep in silence, simply understanding each other as our touch kept us close. I was still terrified of losing Suzy...        She must be terrified of this situation. 

...

I'm not gonna let her go.

Not any time soon.

No. Not any time ever.

"U-Uhm...     Peppa? Can you...    Let go now? I feel better..."

"Oh. Sorry." I released my arms from the sheep's body.

"Its fine...      Wanna do something?"

"Sure...!" I smiled, walking alongside my best friend as we headed back to the lift, noticing that we were the last ones out of the trial room.

And honestly...      I needed a break.

Everything that has happened this morning was crazy.