Chapter 2: Glam + Cl --> ???

"...Damn."

"Now what do we do...?"

"...Danny...        I've got an idea."

"Hm?"

"..." Freddy leaned a bit closer to Danny, whispering some kind of...      Plan into his ear. The dog simply nodded at times, agreeing with the silent plans of the fox in the red shirt.

"...Sounds good."

"That's not everything..."

Taking a closer look at the situation going on between the two boys, I scooted next to Emily with a soft slide.

"Oh, hello Peppa...       What's going on?"

"Nothing really. It's just...       I'd like to give Danny and Freddy some alone time."

"Oh. We can do that..." The elephant in the yellow dress nodded, gradually leaving the room with her head down a bit.

...That was easy.

I soon left the launderette myself, making sure not to draw too much attention to myself. I wanted the two that remained in there to be lost in the moment for a while...

With an accomplished heart, I turned to face the elephant, who was leaning against the wall, with her head down and her eyes shivering.

"Emily...? Do you want to explore another room?"

"...That'd be nice."

"Ok...     Before we do, are you sure you're ok?"

"...Not entirely."

"What's going on?"

The elephant slowly lifted her head, her trunk swaying against her shadowy, dark yellow blouse, as her ears flopped upright. Her eyes stayed upon mine for while, before she rolled her head to the side.

"Just...     Paranoia, I guess."

"...How so?"

"Look, I don't do well with worrying for other people. I've always been the paranoid person in my family...      Even when we were young. I always wanted the best for my family and friends, I didn't want them getting hurt. Although, considering the breakfast that we had during our first couple days here, I think you would've definitely seen that characteristic in me..."

"I did..."

"..."

...I wonder why she's so concerned for everyone?

I mean, she was like that sometimes when we were younger. But it seems like that character trait in her has without a doubt strengthened...

"...So, shall we explore on?" Emily's shaky voice hooked my attention back into reality, as she had started glancing at me once again.

"Sure." I nodded, keeping the thoughts in my head as we turned to face yet another wooden door, opposite the one to the launderette. 

This door seemed to be...      Splintered. And by splintered, I mean heavily splintered. The miniature wood spines sticking out of the door pointed out the proof of a lack of maintenance, maybe even intentional damage.

"...Well. You only live once." I sighed to myself, grabbing a tight hold of the doorknob and casually opening the door with Emily scooting away a little bit. 

A reflex took hold of my eyes, squeezing them shut at the brightness of the room. I took control of my eyelids once again, prying them open slowly to reveal the pattern of the awaiting room.