Chapter 1: Photographic

"I'm not sure..." Kylie replied, "Maybe we should check out if there's anything that might be able to... Bust us out?"

"Seems like a good plan." Danny nodded, starting to run his hands along the walls, tapping a few times.

"...What are you doing?"

"Searching for hidden doors!"

"Why would there be-"

"Sometimes I had to deal with hidden door stuff before this... When I was a proper pirate."

"...Oh. I... Think I'll stick to checking the shelves."

I decided to search around the tables, not questioning Danny's idea of basically hugging the walls. After a little while of searching, still I had found nothing useful. Getting up off the floor, I decided to head to George.

"Did you find anything...?" I questioned.

"Sadly not... What about you?"

"Also nothing weird."

"This is rather confusing, isn't it..." He sighed.

We just stood there for a little while, taking in the air of the information-less room. And I started to think.

...Where did that letter come from?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a certain noise from above.

"Good lord!"

"Huh-?" I looked up to the upper floor. George also looked up, a bit confused.

"What's going on up there?" He called out, "Did you find anything?"

"Oui!" I recognised Delphine's voice ring out, "There's a picture here!"

"A what?-" Danny asked, before leaping away from the walls, charging up the stairs swiftly. Soon Gerald and Wendy followed him, Kylie tailing behind them. I looked at George, who just shrugged and went after them. I followed after him soon after, heading up the stairs with slight caution.

"Where's the picture?" Danny asked, jumping up and down, unable to get his energy under control.

"I have it... Take a look." Suzy showed the photo to the rest of us.

It was a picture in a frame, showing most of the people here. Specifically those who were in our old playgroup. Me, Pedro, Suzy, Danny, Emily, Candy... But Delphine and Kylie weren't in it.

"...Woa... I'm getting flashbacks..." Danny scratched his neck a bit, calming himself.

"Yeah... Delphine found it first." Suzy nodded at the donkey, who smiled a little.

"Hm..." Wendy narrowed her eyes a bit, "Can I take a closer look at it for a while, Suzy?"

"Uh... Ok then..." Suzy handed the frame to Wendy, who immediately took the picture out of it's frame, flipping it around and looking at the back. Soon after, she nodded steadily.

"Take a look." She showed the back of the picture to us. Upon the picture's rear laid a date.

"Does anyone know what day it is today?"

"Uh..." Gerald pulled out his handbook, turned it on, turned it off, and put it back in his pocket. "It doesn't specify the day in the handbook, it just says that it's February, 2022..."

"Then that means this photo was taken exactly 10 years ago..." Wendy sighed, putting the photo back into it's frame.

"Then how did it get here?" Kylie stated, causing me to think again.

"That's not the only thing we found." Suzy mentioned, "Come with me." She started walking to one of the side balcony pieces of the second floor.

Eventually, the balcony piece merged into the wall on the other side of the room. In it's place, a door laid, not as grand as the front door of the library, but still a very tough, detailed door.

"There's another door?" Wendy asked.

"Yep. I was hoping it'd lead us to a new place, but..." Suzy reached a hoof to the door, trying to open it. Instead, the door stayed put.

"It's locked. There's another door on the opposite balcony, but I tried that one earlier. It's also not budging."

"We could try and kick it down...?" Danny offered.

"Danny. Remember the 4th rule?" Gerald rebutted. "No breaking into locked rooms..."

"Ah. You're right..."

"...Maybe it's time we checked a different room." George nodded. "Are you with me?"

"Yeah."

Suzy and Danny gave a quick nod.

"I think we'll stay here... We'll check if there's anything else here." Wendy smiled softly.

"Good luck!" Kylie smiled.

"Thanks. See you soon!" I smiled, as we ran back along the balcony, down the stairs, and out the door of the library.

"Man..." Danny sweated a bit, "That was weird."

"Yeah..." I nodded in agreement, "Where should we search next?"

"What about the room opposite?" Suzy offered, pointing to a smooth, white door on the wall facing us.

"...Sounds good." Danny shrugged, walking towards the door and carefully yanking it open. His eyes widened a bit at the sight.

"...Danny?"

"Oh, hey guys!" He waved into the room, "We're just checking this place out too."

I got closer to the door, peaking through the door over Danny, taking a good look at the room.

It appeared to be a sort of IT room, multiple desks and chairs scattered around in an orderly manner, computers and monitors resting in and on them all. Electric lights from above gave the room a tone of an office building.

And to top it all off, Edmond was running around checking all the computers like he'd been gifted a racecar for Christmas. He definitely seemed excited...

"Well, c-come on in!" Emily nodded, trying to calm her younger brother down. We entered the room, also noticing Zoë and Candy. We gave a quick wave to them, who smiled in return.

"This is really cool..." George muttered.

"I KNOW! RIGHTTTTTT!!!" Edmond passed by George, squealing excitedly as he continued to check out the several monitors.

"Did you find anything?" Suzy asked.

"Well...      Just a bunch of monitors, computers and that back door." Candy pointed to another door in a nearby wall.

"What should we do?"

"...I say we try checking if the computers work. I think it's worth the check..." Zoë offered.

"Sure! Let's check!" Danny jumped happily.

____________________