CHAPTER 8

"Arnav! Arnav." Khushi tapped him.He opened his eyes immediately and raised his brow.

"Breakfast ." She informed and stood there to wait for him. He raised his brow and got up. She led the way.

Arnav couldn't help but stared at her back and sighed. Only God knows what was running in his brain.

"Love birds! I see you are up." Madhumati spoked making Arnav frown.

"Woman?" He spoke emphasizing on it.

"Is madhumati! Madhumati." She  corrected and Arnav rolled his eyes.

"Baby let's take ours to our room. I don't want you getting infected with her virus." Arnav said innocently and Khushi stifled her giggles.

She took a tray and picked up the food by herself and gestured Arnav to lead the way.

"Madhumati! What do you want?" Sidiq asked patiently. And she smirked.

"Nothing! Just visiting you guys." She shrugged.

"Cut the crap Madhumati and tell me why you are here." He said controlling his anger.

"Tssk Father! You know your daughter too well. I learnt you are leaving with your in-law so I thought to inherit this little mansion of yours." She said sweetly and Sidiq laughed and she frowned.

"I knew this was going to happen dear daughter. Don't worry the house is all yours plus the cotton business. You wanted it all along, it's all yours. Your name is under it." He said as if he didn't drop a bomb.

Madhumati was shocked. Her mouth was still opened and Sidiq chuckled.

"Close your mouth or else shit would enter. You are shocked right?you thought I would fight with you, argue with you. Tell you no way I'm giving that to you. You wanted to strike me with your last resort that's the cotton business because it was my hard earned first business and the growing in Lucknow so I would refuse to give it out to you, no! That's when you are lying because right now I have nothing to loose. My Khushi got married and that's all I wanted. You can take everything you want madhy, the land, the house, the sweet business, the cloth business, the local food business and the most the cotton business. I don't care as well as Khushi. Do you know something." He finished and asked a perplexed madhumati.

"Khushi told me once that I should give everything to you. I should have listened eight years ago when she told me to give everything to you and leave this town so we could live a peaceful life just the two of us. Her and I, I should have listened to her way back Madhu. Way back that time, you know one day , you would even want a soul to turn and smile at you but you would never get. One-day your arrogance would kill you, mark my words. We are leaving this afternoon, tomorrow a truck would pack our valuable box. I would hand over everything to Attorney Babs to give it to you. Now with the little Sanity I have left please leave the premises of my house now." He finished and walked away leaving a totally disoriented madhumati.

She immediately dialled a number and the person picked up . She rushed out to receive it.

"Did he agree or was he stubborn like he is?" She asked and Madhumati chuckled.

"He gave everything." She said dejected and the person gasped.

"What? He did what? Oh my goodness." She couldn't believe what Madhu was saying.

"Yeah. I would be coming home after everything is handed over to me." She informed

"Was he drunk or did he hit his head somewhere before speaking with." That made Madhu laughed and disconnected the call and she also wondered what came into the beast mind.

Arshi's room

"Here ." Khushi served Arnav his food and he smiled and thanked her.

They ate in silence. Arnav kept glancing at her and she knew he was looking at her that made her uncomfortable and she squirmed at his Lazer stares. She quickly got up and went to the washroom to wash her hands. Arnav chuckled.

"We are leaving this afternoon. So please pack your things. I'm off to do some work to come." Immediately he said that he left and went straight to Sidiq room.

"Did she accept everything?" Arnav asked interrupting his thoughts. He laughed a little.

"That woman! Something must be going on in her brain. She would enjoy the money but won't sit back Arnav. She would fight till her last breathe. People like her never gets satisfied with wealth the more they get the more greedy they get and that's when killing for money doesn't mean anything to them." He said worriedly.

"I know. In my world there are people , a lot. But do not worry I'm here." He assured.

"It was my family that plotted against me. To kill me. They have been doing it since but I just ignore them and drives them crazy that I don't approach them. I'm worried about Khushi because she's fragile and they would try to break her. I need to train her well when we get to Delhi. So she could no know how to defend herself. You know this town contains evil beings but Delhi, they are worst." Arnav said frustrated.

"Khushi is strong. She is a good learner. We  would teach her together.". Sidiq said with determination.

Sorry for the short update.