CHAPTER 24

Indian, Delhi.

" So apparently your boyfriend got married to your best friend who lives in the same neighborhood apartment with you. So in other to get away with it you chose to be a maid." Payal said in disbelief.

"Point of correction... Queen maid. Which home would you get an air conditioned quarters for servants with food and daily supplies of our necessities? We only weed with this machine water and care for this little garden and only assist dinner yet we are being paid 10 lahks. Where in the world would you get that? I had to grab this opportunity payal, I worked my ass of with three jobs in a day yet I don't get even five lahks in a month and I would see this opportunity and let it pass. Let's say this was the best heartbreak ." Nimfa said and giggled.

Payal only shook her head. Just then they heard footsteps . They ignored the footsteps and was doing their work .

"How come you are slacking off . You two aren't working just chatting here and there! Irresponsible behavior. All day this is what you do ...water plants and flowers." Anjali spoke already annoyed seeing them . She saw them smiling charting through the glass door. They all kept mum. Payal was exploding inside.

"You two are going to my room to clean and do my laundry then come and prepare dinner." She demanded and nimfa gasped. Payal rolled her eyes Anjali couldn't see that because their head were down.

"With due respect mam... Our assigned duty is to cater for the plant and flowers all day which involves weeding, uprooting , cleaning and watering. We only help in the kitchen only when it's necessary. The company assigned cleaners are supposed to do what you just mentioned. We are sorry but that's not our duty." Payal spoke in a taunting voice and Anjali couldn't see through.

"How dare you speak back to me when I'm talking huh...how dare you a mere servant answer back Anjali Raizada. AVENTIKA....!" she screamed.

By now a little crowd was gathered around.

"Mam...you called for me?" She asked surprised with her tone.

" I caught them slacking off their work and as a punishment they should clean my room and do laundry and this good for nothing maid dared talk back to me saying it's not their duty so they won't...huh...can you believe that?" She said anger through her voice. Aventika sighed. She wouldn't like what she's about to say.

"Anjali mam there's a rule governing every employee here. You perform the duty you are assigned to . Failure to do so would be punished. You shouldn't involve your self in someone else's work. That's the rule and what they said is true and more to the point they started work around 7:30am and stop at 2:00pm and assist in supper and dinner. They are not allowed to be in the premises of any properties if only sent to. So that was their resting time till dinner preparation. I'm sorry for any inconveniences. And if you need any clarification please pass it through Narkishore." She bowed and left back to the kitchen.

"Always finding problem in any situation. If not because of something oh my dear Devimayya I would have beaten her up. Spoiled brat." She muttered under her breathe angry she wasted her precious time. She got startled when she saw a smiling Shyam who gave her a thumbs up.

Anjali fumed and stormed out straight to her room.

"Thank you payal." Nimfa said exhaling deep.

" There's nothing to thank me. Just told her what was right. We didn't do anything wrong. If we had wronged the rule Mrs. Aventika wouldn't have taken our side so chill." Payal said shrugging.

"Just worried she might target you." Nimfa was worried.

"Ohh baby I'm more prepared to face her. You know what her attitude is nothing compared to mine. She hasn't seen mine, a fish in a pond thinks of being mighty until it meets  shark in an ocean." She giggled and nimfa felt uneasy vibe but shrugged it off.