CHAPTER 15

The car ride to the north wing was quiet and Khushi was dreading inside although she didn't want it to show but Arnav saw through her facade. They quietly got down and walked into the house without speaking to each other. The silence was broken by Sidiq.

"Are you guys okay? You all look kind of distance. Did something happen?" He asked and Khushi nodded a no and left to their room.

"I would be going right now. I think my drive would be on its way. Don't forget about my wish." He winked at Arnav and she just nodded and Left.

He entered and heard the shower running. He laid on his side of bed and a call came.

"Hello? What again?" He asked annoyed.

"Akash sir said we should change his bed. He won't sleep on the same bed." He complained and Arnav groaned.

"Then fucking tell him to sleep on the floor if he wouldn't sleep on the mattress. If he still insist then he should pick one of small rooms in the east wing. You all know the law, the other rooms are forbidden to enter." He disconnected the call just then he felt khushi's side shuffle and turned and saw Khushi closing her eyes.

"Khushi....I..." He started.

"Not now Arnav. We would talk tomorrow. Right now I need a sound mind to sleep." She said through cracked voice and forced herself to sleep. She could still see those two bodies laying lifeless on the bed as if they are with her. She tossed and turn till sleep took her away .

Next Morning

"I'm sorry." Arnav apologies to Khushi. She had bugs under her eyes. She couldn't sleep yester night  and Arnav knew why.

"Okay." That was the only thing she said after taking a bite of her bread. Arnav stared at her for long which made her uncomfortable.

"Why?" She asked annoyed with the way he was looking at her like a creep.

"Nothing, just wanted you to talk to me." He said defeated and Khushi frowned.

"You've been distance since we came from the east wing. Did I do something that pissed you off or did I make you uncomfortable? Usually I don't mind when people give me those kind of attitude because I don't care. But with you I care because you are my wife and I care for you. So tell me what I did wrong to deserve your odd behavior towards me?" He asked and Khushi frowned.

"Nothing." She whispered and Arnav chuckled.

"Nothing? Are you serious Khushi? Nothing! When I tried talking to you you stopped me and told me not now and even said today you would talk so now what with your mood?" He asked getting irritated.

She just lost her appetite and got up to leave when Arnav patience run out.

"Where do you think you are going when I'm in the middle of conversation." He said trying to control his anger. She was leaving when Arnav anticipated that and grabbed her hands. He pulled her towards him and she crushed his chest. He held her shoulders and looked into her bulky eyes trying to read her.

"Arnav let go of me." She said in a cracked voice.

"Never! Until you tell me what's bothering you." He said and Khushi sighed.

"You act normal like nothing happened?" She accused and Arnav frowned.

"Those two bodies. You know it's new to me and by the look of things you already knew they would call you. You could have considered telling me prior to our departure so I would prepare my mind mentally before seeing it. Now I've told you what is bothering me, let go me ." She demanded and Arnav hugged her which she was taken aback.