CHAPTER 42

" why did you do it mother? Why did you sell me out to those monsters? Why?" payal asked madhumati who was dumbfounded.

"Why are you bringing up this old topics.. It's past and gone. You should forget it.. You told me to forgot it remember?" she was not bothered.. Payal chuckled.

"Forget about it! Forget about how you sold me to a prostitution camp so I could make money for you... You sold me to that horrible friend of yours.. You knew her the day I called you and told you about her.. You were afraid for the truth to be out. That's why you told me to forget... " she screamed.. Madhumati was shocked with payal revelation..

" She was the one that you lured into thinking your brother loved her.. She killed innocent lives. Just because you wanted fame and money.. Tagging along with her like a dog. " payal held madhumati's hand which was aiming at her cheeks.

"where's the lie? She convinced you to sell me out... Lucky for me I was adopted by an Italian mafia boss." she said smiling and her mother gasped.

"I wanted you to be safe dear.. At least away from her wrath." she tried to be convincing.

Payal laughed and you could see tears at the corner of her eyes.

"What? Safe? I think you have mistaken the word safe. If ever in your life wanted me to be safe.. The little conscience you would have will not tell you to sell your daughter through child trafficking.. Do you know how scary that was. For a child like me to be sold out there! You never thought of how scary it would be for me to be alone.. Do you know how many people tried to molest and rape me.. Do you know how fucking dangerous that path you chose for me.. All in the name of worshipping her. " at this rate payal was furious and madhumati was unbothered.

" why are you so hooked up with the past. You were adopted by a good family and they let you go.. You are with me now.. I gave you my house and a job and my freaking money.. Be thankful for that." she raised her voice to which she earned a chuckle.

"You are wrong my dear mother. You are very mistaken. I have  never once in my life accepted your property, never ever have I spent your money you know why?" she asked and madhumati frown.

"why wouldn't you..?" she raised her brow getting fed up with payal's nonsense.

"Because my account balance has more than five zero's in it that I have lost count." she smirked and madhu was confused.

"What?" she waited for explanation

"I was bought by the biggest mafia boss." she dropped

"what." madhumati couldn't believe her ears.

"I was bought by the most powerful and notorious mafia boss in Italy. I was given an education and he took care of me as his daughter and trained me to become a snake in the mafia world.." she paused to see her reaction.

"Snake? Can you just go straight to the point.. Getting migraine." she complained.

"I was trained to become an assassin." she said and madhumati blood run cold.

She thought her ears were playing with her.

"What you heard is right. I was trained to become an assassin. In every mafia family when an assassin retires.. They search for a new one who is still young and trains her. I wasn't denied access to education. I was like a daughter to him. I killed when I was young... Old men, young men and women. Arnav khushi's husband was the adopted son of the mafia Don. When he brought Arnav I was the one who trained him, skilled him together with sidiq my uncle to which I never knew he was my uncle. I'm call NAGIN and in the mafia world.. If any one heard of Naagin they knew who I was. I'm the most feared till now.. I had a mission to complete.. In order to do that I had to come to you acting as a long lost daughter and tricking you to let me enter the Raizada's mansion even though I already know Arnav. My goal was to avenge the deeds that Witch did to Arnav and his adoptive family.. So now I'm here to tell you who I am. " she finished staring at madhumati with her sharp eye.

Her mother felt sophisticated. All this while she thought payal had no future and was a useless girl but unknown to her she was dangerous and rich. She could kill her now.

" So you came to kill me right." her voice was shaking.

"why shouldn't I kill you. Because of fame, you ruined Khushi and Arnav's childhood. You were the spy of her since she wanted to have sidiq and he happens to be your brother. She was a rich and popular girl and you wanted that.. So you foolishly accepted her offer. That was the reason why you told me stay away from her because you knew what she was capable of doing.. You knew if she finds out who my mother was she would come to you.. You destroyed homes with your ambition. Have you ever wondered why Nimfa was never sold? " she asked and madhu was shocked.

" You are surprised I know who Nimfa was. You send her faraway to protect her from that which. I guess that was the little good you did. I killed those men who tried to sell her off and I gave her a place to stay.. I brainwashed her in such a way that she can never recognize me ever.. I knew you were the one that made  her get a job at the mansion and I was so happy to meet my little sister.. I never made friends or had any conversations with anyone in the quarters.. I kept my guard down around her and protected her even though she never noticed it. She knows I'm in a mafia business , she also knows I kill people because I was revealed to her. " payal speech made madhu speechless.

All along she knew and was only tolerating her.

" I know everything, how you unknowingly assisted in murdering a lot of people. "

" Nimfa. " madhumati gasped.

Payal turned around and saw a crying Nimfa with a man and woman. Payal guessed it was her adoptive parents.

"The day I finally said you should show me my mother's home i just realized I have a sister." Nimfa was crying.

"Nimfa" both mother and daughter said.

"No! You both deceived me." she run out and payal followed her.