CHAPTER 45

The next morning. Khushi prepared breakfast. Arnav realized his wife wasn't present so he went down and saw her placing food on the table. Shyam was seated, scrolling through his phone.

"Morning." Arnav greeted and heard a morning from both of them. But the way they sounded was weird but he quickly brushed it off. Payal came down later, she smiled at arnav and greeted. The same response.. She frowned and gave arnav a are they okay look and she shrugged.

Breakfast was gloomy. Payal and Shyam behavior was odd. When payal initiate conversation is either nodding or yes and no to which she couldn't comprehend. Arnav immediately connected the dot. They must either heard half of their conversation and made conclusions or heard everything and was angry because both partners couldn't share it with them.

"Are you both okay?" Arnav intentional asked the duo to which they nodded.

"Is it about last night on the rooftop?" he asked to which payal coughed. She could not believe her ears. They might have heard them. If anyone could have seen them close they might have think the other way.

When payal stared at Shyam eyes. She felt guilty and embarrassed. His eyes spoke  volumes. The accusations it held. She gulped.

Khushi was face was neutral. Arnav didn't know whether she was sad, angry, jealous. He was surprised because she held those emotions perfectly. That was part of her training.

They were saved by the doorbell. They were all surprised cause they aren't expecting anyone. Shyam got up to answer the door.

He peep through the hole and frown. He opened the door slightly.

"How may I help you woman?" Shyam asked.

"I learnt Mr Raizada is here with his wife. We wanted to invite to a party we throw every year in Lucknow." she said, Shyam eyed her suspiciously.

"I don't think that's a good idea but I would inform him to let him know. Five minutes." He shut the door on her face and went back to the table. The woman was taken aback.

"Who was is it Shyam?" Arnav asked to which he shrugged.

"I have no idea. She wants to invite you to a party. You go and see for yourself." he sat down. Arnav and khushi got up. They went together. When khushi opened the door she frowned.

"To what do we owe this visit. Besides who the hell told you were we live." Khushi asked shalini with her ksr voice. Shalini gulped. She won't lie, this new khushi freaks her out.

"We wanted to invite you to the yearly party we organize. We wanted to thank you for what you did for us." she explained.

"I see... So you are the spoked person right.. They push you to try your luck." she rolled her eyes.

Shalini was now worried. If they don't come. The people would be disappointed in her because she told them not to worry, she would try convincing them.

" We are to show our gratitude. Nothing more,. "She said firmly and khushi nodded. Shalini stared at a quite Arnav who was behind khushi. She wondered how come they are able to be scary with their presence alone.

" okay! We would come but only for an hour. We are leaving Lucknow today. You would see us later. You may leave." Arnav finally spoke after khushi intimidated her.

"Thank you Mr Raizada. I would take my leave then." she quickly walked away. Khushi closed the door and smiled. Arnav smirked.. He knows she expected this visit.