- Chapter 11, Combining Into One -

- Moondrop's perspective -

We knew this day would come eventually, we had been expecting it from the very beginning. Since we look so similar, we expected that they would try combining us into one at some point.. today is that day. We woke up as usual in our rooms separated by the small grey tunnel when all of a sudden, someone opened the door and interrupted us doing our morning greetings to eachother. "Uh, sorry if I'm interrupting you two but.. you're both needed down in parts & services.." the strange, blonde-haired lady said. "Oh! what for?" Sundrop asked her though she gave no reply and simply gestured for us to go down into the play area. Once we were down there with her she walked to the door and pressed her security badge against the scanner. After the door opened she said "Come on you two... we don't have all day..." then she walked out with Sundrop following her happily. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he stopped though the lady continued walking onwards. "S-sunshine?..." I said as Sundrop turned his head to look at me. "Something f-feels... strange..." he tilted his head as I said this and asked "What do you mean?" then I continued "I don't t-think we can trust her, not c-completely anyways..."

Sundrop placed his hand on my hand that was on his shoulder and he gave me a kind smile before speaking "It'll be okay Droplet! we can trust her, I just know it!" then, he turned his head and began walking again. He was holding my hand so naturally I stumbled forward with his sudden movement and began walking beside him. "Hurry up!" the lady called back impatiently to us, she was now at the top of the stairs. "Well! better not keep her waiting any longer, right?" Sundrop said as he smiled at me. "Y-yeah... better not.." I replied, still feeling a little unconvinced that she wasn't going to do anything bad to us. Once we got to the parts & services she told us both to go into the repair chamber, not wanting to make her mad.. we both went in. Upon entry of the repair chamber we were both switched off so I do not know what happened next but when I woke up.. I wasn't in the repair chamber.

I was in a room full of darkness but I could see because of my night-vision. I began looking around to see if Sundrop was here but he wasn't anywhere to be seen, so I called out to him "S-sunshine?..." The reply that followed my call didn't come from in the distance, it was a voice in my head. I recognised the voice at once "D-droplet?.. where am I?.... where are we? I-... I can't really s-see anything.." It was Sundrop. "Sunshine? y-you.. I-... I can't see you anywhere.." I said, then I noticed there was a window in the room.. I went over to the window and saw the blonde-haired lady from before. "Y-you... what did you do!? w-where's Sunshine!?" I began to yell at the lady and she looked up from her phone. "D-droplet? who are you talking to w-who's there?" Sundrop said, though the lady didn't seem to hear him "Oh, you're awake.. Sundrop awake too?" the lady said. I nodded and she took her feet off the desk in front of her "Good.. also, I'm Officer Vanessa.." she said and she walked over to the door to let me out. "You've both been combined, you share one body now and one thought space.." she explained "It may only be temporary since management's only testing it out.."

She gestured to me to follow her and she lead me back to the day-care where she then left. She said to call her if there was any problem, I nodded and sat down on the day-care floor. "So.. we're both combined now?" Sundrop asked me, it was a bit weird to hear him as a voice in my head and not in front of me. "Yeah.." for some reason, I didn't stutter anymore.. they must've fixed that when they combined us both together. "So uh-.. I guess this is our life now, huh?.." I said and awaited Sundrop's reply "Yeah.. w-wait! I can see.. the day-care!" he said. "Y-you can!? I thought you couldn't see!" I stood up happily and looked around a bit "I think I'm seeing what you're seeing!" he said as I looked over at a small yellow and red playhouse. "Really? then what am I looking at right now?" I asked, then he replied "The playhouse!" Then I smiled "So, if we're sharing a body.. how do you get to be in control?" I asked him. "Uh-.. I don't know? try turning the lights on?" So I went and turned the lights on, suddenly.. my body started shifting, it began looking like Sundrop's. My vision faded to black for a moment before I could see again "Droplet? you okay?.." Sundrop asked me and I replied "Yeah, I'm okay.. so, I guess that's how that works then?"

Sundrop got excited and jumped up and down "I guess this isn't so bad after all!"

- Chapter 11 End -