- Chapter 39, A Portal Home -

- MoonStar's perspective -

Sundrop was also looking down at the floor "..S-sorry, I couldn't stop them from trying to f-find you.." he said, all the strange figure seemed to be doing is staring at me with their glowing, vibrant eyes..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while of staring at me, Sunset went down the ladder for a moment then came back up it with several pieces of paper and a pencil. They began scribbling words on one of the pieces of old paper and eventually, they held it up to my face to show me what they'd written. I decided  to read their child-like writing out loud "..Why are you in my room? also, you want to go home right? I know a way!" Sundrop's face lit up happily "You know a way for us to go home?!" he said. Sunset turned their head a full 180 to look at Sundrop, it was a little unsettling but to them it seemed normal. They nodded at Sundrop and watched as he jumped up with excitement, but since the floor was a little unstable he decided not to jump again. Sunset's head turned back to me as they impatiently awaited an answer.. "Sorry, I saw you guarding it when we first met and I wanted to know what was in here.. this was obviously an invasion of your personal privacy and I was foolish to enter this room, I am truly sorry.." I said as I put the marble back into my pocket. Sunset put the paper down and gave me a big hug, Sundrop seemed to feel left out so he also gave me a hug.. he loves hugs, you know? I carefully pushed them both away "Hugging really isn't necessary right now, shouldn't we go somewhere with a more stable floor?" Sundrop and Sunset both nodded simultaneously in agreement and then Sunset lead the way as we exited their room.

Once we were all out of the vent and safely back on the solid and safe floor, Sunset began leading us to the way home. We went down a ladder that was in the hallway with the warning on it, the hallway we were thrown into by some random portal. After we went down the ladder we were met with a small room with trapdoors as its floor, Sunset gestured to us to go down through the trapdoors and into a vent below so we reluctantly followed them. Sunset, Sundrop and I crawled through the vents, taking several turns as we took the quickest and safest way to the exit. I was right behind Sunset when an endoskeleton crawled towards them from the side, Sunset immediately looked at it before it got close enough to attack and it stopped moving. It seems that these endoskeletons are like the ones back home..  once Sunset stopped looking at the endoskeleton they gestured for us to keep following them through the vent. The endoskeleton didn't seem to bother us from then on and we made our way towards the exit safely.

Sunset led us through a tough iron door and to the right where there was a brightly-lit hallway. We went through the hallway until we reached the end of it where there was a staircase leading down, it seems that we were on the top floor of wherever we are. None of us said a word as we exited the stairwell through a gate that led us to another brightly-lit hallway. The lights here are so bright.. it almost burns my eyes...  I thought as I looked around, there was a place that looked like Rockstar Row in the distance but we weren't headed there. Sunset made us stop right outside of the stairwell and they went left towards another iron door, but this one was located beside a rainbow-coloured window. Sundrop and I watched as Sunset knocked the iron door, but it seemed like they were clawing at it like a cat instead.. I whispered to Sundrop "..Are they a cat now or something?.." Sundrop shrugged and then the door opened.

"Well, greetings Sunset.. you're here because?" a strange voice said, Sunset turned their head around until it did a full 180 again and pointed at us. Then they turned their head around again after gesturing towards me and Sundrop to follow them again, we obeyed this command and stepped forwards. Sunset moved to the side and we finally got a good look at who was in the room, she was a dragon-like creature who also seemed partially robotic. Her eyes were each a different colour, her left was a light grey-ish colour while the other was a pretty light pink. The strange being had a bit of fur kinda covering her left eye and her whole body seemed to be sewn together. Many different parts of her were either dark grey, a deep purple or a strange off-white colour. Upon her fingers she had black claws and behind her I could see two folded up wings hanging off her back, her wings were grey like most of her body was but the inside part was rainbow coloured with red being near the top and a colour between purple and red at the bottom. On her upper chest area I could see a beautiful purple/blue-ish bowtie with two buttons going down her belly. This new person seemed strange and new, I've never seen anyone like her... she seems to be a dragon but she also has fur too? how? I don't know.

"..Oh, I see the problem here.." she said as she stepped towards us and past Sunset, she seemed to be examining us and inspecting the air around us too. "No no no, this is wrong! they're not supposed to be here!" she said as then she began muttering to herself, Sundrop tilted his head and spoke "..What's her problem?" I shrugged in response to this and Sunset just stood there silently, staring off into space. I began listening in to what she was muttering about "Why are they here? how are they here!? this makes no sense!.. calm down St1tchxed, this is a problem you can easily fix.. you just have to send them back, yeah! send them back!.. but how? where? when?.. need to find out what timeline, what world.." she was muttering. So that's her name? I swear I heard her mention a number in it.. that's probably just weird pronunciation or something.. I thought to myself as I watched her walk back over to us as I pondered on what she meant by timeline and world. "So.. I have to send you guys home, that okay?" she said "Yes! home, finally! Moony, do you hear this? home! we're going home!!" Sundrop exclaimed happily as he began jumping with excitement in his eyes. Sunset waved goodbye to us as they went back up the staircase we used to get down here, the strange person in front of us then began talking again "Sorry! I realise you don't know who I am, do you? well.. my name's St1tchxedZ0ne! or you could just call me St1tchxed, or St1tchZ.. sorry, back to the point now.. I need to find out what world you both came from, that okay?"

We both nodded with a little bit of confusion as she began opening some kind of digital tab thing. The digital thing seemed to have information on us both on it, she used it to find out where we came from and then she began opening a portal there. "Sorry again, this was all just a multiverse misunderstanding, okay?.. oh wait, you don't know what that is, do you? nevermind! this might take a moment, stand back.." me and Sundrop then did as St1tchxed instructed us to do. We took a step back and watched as she seemingly drew a portal with a strange pen, she was drawing on the air? how?.. once she opened the portal she gestured towards us to step inside it. We walked through the portal home and she tossed us a strange phone-like device with one number on it "Take this! use it if you need me again, okay? don't worry, it works even when you're in a different world!" she said, then the magical, swirling portal closed.

We were home finally.. "What a strange day this has been, right Starry?" Sundrop turned to talk to me, I nodded and looked down at the phone-like device "Yeah, strange.."

- Chapter 39 End -

(Yet another side note! hope you all enjoyed chapter 39, it's a bit of a strange one isn't it? anyways, if you're wondering.. yes, I am a character in this story now, St1tchxed.. that's all, goodbye! and remember, stay hydrated and reality is an illusion!)