- Chapter 23, The First Possession -

- Moondrop's perspective -

Lately, I've been hearing Sundrop speaking to someone yet I don't know who. Even when I see through his eyes I can't see them, maybe they don't want me to see them.. after all, they could be one of the dead ones I've murdered. I've been blaming it on the bug, the thought voice has gone away a bit too and I don't know why but whatever it is, it doesn't concern me. If anything, this is a good thing.. right? the bug's going away now.. I'm free, aren't I? though, freedom doesn't feel all that free anymore. We're still combined and I'm still stuck in the darkness whenever Sundrop's in control, I don't bother to look through his eyes even though I can at any moment. It sometimes creeps other people out and then they don't talk to Sundrop since whenever I'm looking through his eyes while he's in control, one of his eyes changes. I believe it's the left one but I'm not too sure.

Anyways, I've been thinking about... things. The ones who died.. that's my fault, right? I can't really get the thoughts out my head but I can distract myself from them. So today, I decided to look through Sundrop's eyes too see what's happening. The building's closed anyways so it won't really spook any of the guests visiting the daycare, since there are no guests to be spooked. He was sitting in his room again and he was seemingly alone, then suddenly without warning he got up.. He's letting me out?  I thought to myself as I watched as he was walking directly towards the light switch. Maybe there's something he wants me to do..  he turned the lights out and I slowly gained control as his body changed into mine. I immediately started looking around for a note, something he might've left for me to read. On the table among many broken pieces of what was once a mirror there was a notebook. I recognised this book at once as it was the book he used to write notes to me He must've written it when I wasn't looking.

..Don't read it..  the thought voice said though I ignored it. I picked up the dusty book and opened it carefully, flicking through the pages one by one. Once I reached what was once an empty page a few days ago I began reading what was written down in his messy child-like handwriting. I was reading it out loud in a hushed tone "..Dear Moondrop, I have recently met someone.. her name is Luna and she says that she wants to talk to you. If you're reading this, please note that she is not exactly... alive.. she's maybe uhh, dead? I don't exactly understand it. She's hiding at the moment, she's on the platform the other side of the curtain! so uhh.. yeah? sorry if you can't read it properly, I was in a tiny bit of a rush to write this.. anyways! From Sundrop.." at the end of the note inside the old book he had scribbled down a smiley face using a yellow crayon. I placed the book down but never closed it before turning to the stage platform.. I could tell that Sundrop was sleeping right now because I could hear him snoring.

"Hello?.." I said as I pulled back the velvety curtain, after that I remember that something transparent flew towards me... after that it all went blank.

- Chapter 23 End -