- Chapter 37, A New Person -

- ???'s perspective-

My distant watching has told me nothing apart from the fact that they're strange. Maybe soon they'll fall to the endoskeletons though.. but only time will tell. They're new, weird and new.. they're not from here, I can see that. There's nothing more for me to do now, I just need to keep watching them. I don't want them finding my room if I can stop it.

- MoonStar's perspective -

We continued to walk around, we found an arcade and a first aid room. Both rooms seem like they were recently added so maybe this place isn't as abandoned as we first thought. Sundrop's spotted a ladder in the distance so we're walking over to it, it's not a broken one like one we've encountered in a different hallway so it's climbable. "Maybe we can see what's up there, there's more to this place then what it looks like.. right?" Sundrop said, I muttered a yes and we continued to the ladder. "..You go first, I don't mind," I said but Sundrop seemed to think differently "No, I think that you should go first.. you know more than I do about dark scary things.." I nodded and began to climb the ladder. Part of the ladder nearly broke as Sundrop followed behind me but I grabbed his hand so he wouldn't fall. We both made it up to the broken wooden platform-like structures that were above us and I spotted an endoskeleton hiding in one of the corners. I stared at it as we went past it so it wouldn't move and try to attack us, they like moving when nobody's looking. Sundrop pointed at a vent in the corner so we both headed towards it wondering what was inside and where it lead to.

- ???'s perspective -

They're heading closer, they've already found one of the vents connecting the two hallways. The strange ones have crawled past the vent going into the storage room, I quickly move so they won't see me then I swiftly head to the vent that leads to my room and several other places. I didn't enter it as my intention was to guard it so they wouldn't go into it. I was going to distract them so they won't find my room, that's an invasion of my personal privacy that I do not wish to be invaded right now. Luckily the cameras on this floor don't record me, they don't see me so to them I'm just empty space.

- MoonStar's perspective -

On the other side of the vent we found there was a couple of other vents. We picked the one straight ahead of us instead of the other one because it just lead to a storage room. Sundrop and I crawled through the vent one at a time and upon looking around, we saw a strange being who kinda looked like us. Their half moon face was darker than ours, more brown-ish than Sundrop's and more vibrant than mine. They wore similar clothing to us and their sun rays were coloured with a red-to-yellow gradient with the yellow being more towards their head. They looked like a darker version of Sundrop but then they also looked a bit beaten down, maybe they were abandoned up here. The strange being guarding the vent had a couple of scratches on them and they had vibrant yellow eyes where Sundrop's white ones would be. There was a big, dark hole where their voice box would be and it was stained with oil. Something must've ripped it out as there were a couple of wires hanging out the wound and they weren't attached to anything. Their voice box also wasn't visible within the hole but that could just be because it's so stained with oil, there's even a bit of fresh oil dripping down from the side of their mouth.

Upon their face they wore a permanent smile that didn't seem to move at all. Their sun rays seemed sharper than they should be and they had claw-like nails attached to each finger on their two hands. Their eyes moved to gaze over in our direction, then they raised one of their hands and waved happily.. or menacingly, it's hard to tell with that smile stuck on their face. I tapped Sundrop on the shoulder and pointed over at the strange new being "Look.. don't they kinda look like you? but well, way darker.. not as dark as me though..." I said, Sundrop thought for a moment before he responded "Y-yeah.. isn't it strange? they look k-kinda scary too.." The strange thing then grabbed a pipe on the ceiling and used it to swing over to us, they nearly broke the wooden platform when they landed on it. Upon closer inspection they looked a tiny bit burnt as if they'd been in a fire. "Who a-are you?.." Sundrop said, the being made no audible attempt at responding "Sunny, I don't think they can speak.." I looked at Sundrop as I said this to him, then I pointed at the being's neck were the hole was. "Oh.." Sundrop looked down and he seemed sad for a moment before looking back at the being. "Can you talk?.." he didn't seem to be scared of it anymore as now he was calm while speaking to them, the being shook their head side to side as they seemed to stare at me creepily.

Then the being jumped down onto a small locker-type hiding space, their arms seemed to be longer than they first seemed as they were able to pull Sundrop down. Next, they reached for me to pull me down from the wooden platform-like area. I moved slightly "I can get down myself thank you.." I said to them before I climbed down from the rotten, old wood. The being gestured towards us for us to follow it, it lead us away from the vent it was guarding before and through the hallway to the one the portal spat us out into. It pointed up at a sign on the wall, it was a warning written on a pillar in front of another gate, Sundrop read the sign out loud for everyone to hear "..Warning, dangerous and violent endoskeletons.."

Maybe this being wasn't that bad, it seemed to be busy pointing out the sign so I had time to slip away from the group. Before I went off though, I did tap Sundrop on the shoulder and point towards where I was going, the ladder...

- Chapter 37 End -