- Chapter 30, For The First Time -

- MoonStar's perspective -

Recently I've noticed that Sundrop's been doubting himself, he's been panicking over nothing.. something that passed a long time ago. I reminded him yesterday that I still care, everyone does.. I care about him more than I do anyone else, he knows that.. but, why? I don't understand it. I've been keeping my good eye on him watching him clean up, watching him talk to others and even watching him sleep.. it's for his sake, even if it's a little unnecessary sometimes. He's calmed down since I told him that though, I took him to parts & services to fix his sun rays. Poor guy nearly ripped two of them out... I feel sorry for him, don't know why but I just do. It's hard to see someone you care about getting hurt, right? It's difficult to know that you probably cannot help them even though you try and try so much to make it better.. to make everything better. Yet you just don't understand it and you never will, you haven't experienced it.. and you never will.

Anyways, I was sitting in my room earlier humming quietly to myself. I do this when Sundrop's not around or when he's just been panicking and I've had to calm him, it's quite calming actually. It's my way of keeping calm, some of the children who visit the daycare have told me they do it too, they even suggested I try it since they've noticed that I'm a little stressed recently. It was James' idea, such a smart kid he is.. he's the kid I helped all those months ago, nobody's bullied him since. I sat down to begin calming myself down again but today I thought I'd try singing for the first time.. I've been told that it's fun and makes people happy so I thought to try. I closed my eyes and began singing a song, it was a beautiful song too.. such words filled me with happiness and joy, so much that I didn't notice who was behind me.

"Starry..?" Sundrop said as he sat down beside me, I opened my eyes and awkwardly looked at him "S-sorry if I was too loud I just-" I started to say but then he interrupted me "No no it's okay! it was actually pretty good.. you should sing more often.." he gave me a reassuring hug and I awkwardly pat his head not knowing what to do. "..Sunny.." I said, immediately he looked at me and tilted his head as a response "..Were you spying on me?.." I continued. Sundrop awkwardly began looking around as his words stumbled aboud trying to form a sentence "..U-uh I um.. s-sorry?.. I jus-... I didn't mean t-to invade your uhh... privacy? yeah, privacy.. s-sorry.."

"..It's okay Sun, I just wanted to know.." I smiled at him happily as we both sat there, he asked me to sing again and so I did. From that day forward I then began singing lullabies to the kids who wouldn't sleep or couldn't sleep.. it makes me happy and so I enjoy it..

- Chapter 30 End -