- Chapter 29, There Are Still Things Worth Caring About -

- Sundrop's perspective -

The thoughts have been getting more frequent recently, ever since a few days ago when I sat down and all those words flooded me.. it's just happened more and more. MoonStar's been keeping me company though, he wakes up before I do to make sure I'll be okay. He's such a good friend and Roxanne, Monty.. Glamrock Chica sometimes visits too. Even Glamrock Freddy's concerned for me at times, but.. I feel fine! honestly, I do! but... words hurt don't they? these voices, these thoughts.. it all adds up eventually. I woke up in my room yawning and stretching like I always do, I looked around to see MoonStar sitting on a chair in one of the dark corners of my room. His starry hat covering his eyes He must've fallen asleep waiting for me to wake up..  I thought but that idea was soon dismissed as he lifted his head slightly. MoonStar moved the hat away from his face as the bell attached to it jingled upon the movement of the hat. "Oh, you finally woke up?.." he said with a smile, I looked at him and nodded sleepily. Then I headed towards the curtain ready to jump down into the ball-pit to make sure the daycare was all cleaned up.

MoonStar stopped me though, I then looked at him tilting my head slightly "..Moony I'm only going down there to clean up! you don't have to-" I was interrupted by him as he began to speak "I've already done that today Sun.. the daycare and the naptime area are both cleaned and well dusted.." I looked at him and sighed, sitting down in the chair he was once in. "..You don't have to protect me Star, I can take care of myself!" he looked at me, wiped away a few bits and pieces on the floor and then sat down where he had just cleaned.. then he looked up at me with a caring look in his eye "I don't want to see you like that again... and, it's happening more frequently too, it worries me Sunshine.. you know how much I care.." I smiled down to him and spoke "I know but-.. I just-... I'm fine, okay? I-.. I'm fine..." MoonStar placed his hand upon my right hand which was resting on my leg as I sat there. The look in his eye said everything for him, it was the kind of look that someone gives you when they know you're not fine.. the kind of look that says "You're not fine.. and you know it."

MoonStar decided that I was to stay up in my room and that he'd take care of the day's duties for me. Duties like taking care of the children visiting the daycare, cleaning up after the children and taking them to the naptime area that was now fully open and operational again. He told me to stay where I was and that he'd be back up later once all the kids had left, during the day I looked down and listened in on a conversation between MoonStar and a kid called James. "Where's Mr Sunny?" James said, MoonStar lowered himself down to James' level to speak to him "..Mr Sunny's a bit hurt right now, so I offered to do his job for him today.. Mr Sunny will be back when he's better, okay?" James then nodded and ran off again. MoonStar looked up at the curtain and noticed me peeking through it slightly, he waved and smiled then went off to play hide and seek with the small toddlers and little children. I retreated back into my room and sat down beside the curtain where MoonStar was earlier, I was looking down slightly as I waited for him to return. There wasn't really anything much to do up here anyways..

I then realised that I had an unused fazwatch in one of my pockets, I pulled it out and because it was the Glamrock band's breaktime right now I messaged Roxanne. In the message I asked her what she was doing right now, she told me that she was cleaning her instrument that she uses and making sure her hair is still beautiful. After that we had a small conversation through text before she had to go, once she stopped messaging I put the fazwatch on my desk before sitting back where I was. I waited and waited as the day went by slowly, each hour felt like several days and each passing minute was as fast as a sloth moving at its fastest speed. Nothing I did seemed to change how slow everything felt, it was as if time itself was stopping. Eventually after a few hours of sitting there silently something happened.. another wave of those terrible thoughts flooded my brain, MoonStar was still downstairs dealing with all the children. I sat there for half an hour with those thoughts going through my head, it came to the point where I laid down on the floor and two of my sun rays were halfly ripped off. It was then when the day finally ended and MoonStar would be allowed back upstairs.

My sun rays were partially retracted and I was still sobbing on the floor when MoonStar walked in from the curtain. He immediately rushed down to me to comfort me, he attempted to calm me down but I didn't hear a word he was saying.. I only heard the thoughts, the words... the nightmares. You heard her.. shut it, this is all your fault, your fault!  "S-stop.." I muttered, MoonStar was still there.. by now he had started wiping my tears with a tissue he pulled from his sleeve. "..M-make it stop..." I continued pleading to something that wasn't there as the words continued "Stop, p-please.." Save it.. you'd both be nothing but scrap metal if it weren't for me.. "Why...w-why?.." I said, then  MoonStar's voice then began to grow louder and louder as I drifted back into the world known as reality. "Shhh... it's okay Sunny, I'm here.." he was hugging me while soflty patting my head, I began to mutter "I-I'm.. I-" but he interrupted me "..There's nothing to apologise for, calm down.. shhh..."

His voice seemed so calming as it became the only thing to listen to, I was hugging him so much I didn't want to let go.. I felt like one of those children, the sad ones who come to the daycare.. the ones who come to us for support because we're the only ones they can turn to, the only place they want to be is within our arms. Eventually I calmed down but I was still hugging MoonStar tightly, he had bandaged my sun rays up temporarily with duct tape and we began walking to parts & services to get them fixed. "Moony?.." I said as I looked at his dark crimson eyes that were glowing softly "..Yes?" he replied. Then I spoke again since that's how a conversation works "...MoonStar, why do you care?.." he seemed to be confused as then he spoke again "What..?" "...Why do you care so much about me?.. I don't really d-deserve it, I m-mean.. not that I mind it's jus-" MoonStar decided to interrupt me as we stopped walking "You think I'm mad at you because you yelled at me a couple times?.. Sunny, you of all should know that it takes more than that to make me stop caring about you.." I began to speak but he continued "I-" "..Sundrop, you mean more to me than Roxanne, than Monty.. even Officer Vanessa, Chica and Freddy... I don't care about them as much as I do you, please.. never forget that... there are still things worth caring about in this world.. and I'm looking right at one of them.."

He smiled at me dearly as he finished speaking, then we continued walking as I looked to the floor and smiled, happier than I was before. He's right.. I shouldn't dwell on the past, not that part of it anymore.. he forgives me for saying that to him, he wasn't himself at that time anyways.. I thought as we neared the end of our journey.

The ones around me still care about me, I should too..

- Chapter 29 End -