- Chapter 36, Investigation -

- MoonStar's perspective -

On the other side of the gateway we found ourselves in a new place, unfamiliar and different. The gateway closed behind us upon spitting us out into a dark hallway...

I looked around and saw Sundrop standing there confused. I took his hand as soon as I got close enough to him. "We should probably investigate this place.. to find out where we are.." I said, Sundrop looked at me and nodded in agreement. We walked towards a gate leading to another hallway, there were two other rooms coming off the hallway we were in but they weren't interesting. The gate required a level 8 security badge, Sundrop attempted to open the gate and surprisingly, it worked. We weren't expecting it to open as we're not from here but it did. We proceeded to walk through the gate, perhaps it was broken.

I looked up and saw a broken platform-like area, it had two old endoskeletons on it. The endoskeletons seemed to be looking down at us like vultures circling their prey. I tapped Sundrop's shoulder and pointed towards the endoskeletons, during this I looked away from them and now they were gone. "What are you trying to show me? There's nothing there.." Sundrop said, I looked around where I saw them but there was nothing there "Sorry, I just thought I saw something.." I said. The endoskeletons must've known we weren't from here as we're strange to them, new and unknown.

"Everything here seems old, forgotten and abandoned.. don't you think?.." I asked Sundrop, he nodded in agreement again as we continued wandering throughout the old hallways and strange rooms. I couldn't help but get the feeling that we were being watched...

- ???'s perspective -

Noises.. I hear noises, people? Maybe.. I should investigate this matter... perhaps it is important.. I thought quietly as I crawled along the vent leading from my room to the hallways. I exited the vent and began climbing along the broken platform area, I was following the noise like a curious little kitten. There was talking, strange people talking.. those are people? I must get a better look at them, they're strange.. I know not of them.

I crawled closer and closer, the strange ones were walking around the hallways. One looked up at where I was so I backed away a little, the other one looked up as I had made a piece of the wood fall down. In the short time I had to view their faces, I noticed that they both looked similar to me.. to them. Their faces had half moons on them, one's half moon was white while the other's was a very pale yellow. The other half of their faces was either black or a deeper yellow, the one with the white half moon had the black and the other, the yellow. They were both wearing matching outfits with the only differences being the colours and the fact that one had stars on their legs and the other had stripes.

I've seen people like these two before, their eyes are the same. The white half moon's eyes are a glowing crimson where as the other's eyes are white, plain white. They both remind me of Eclipse before they became one.. before Eclipse became Eclipse they were two separate beings within one body. One's name was Sundrop and the other's name was Moondrop, but these two aren't them.. no, they're too different.

- Sundrop's perspective -

I heard a piece of wood fall down onto the floor, MoonStar tapped my shoulder again and I turned to see what it was. "There's something up there.." MoonStar said, he was pointing at where the wood had fallen from. It had fallen from a wooden platform-like area above us, this platform-like area seemed to line the walls. It was broken and falling apart so something must've knocked it too hard. "..What is it?" I asked him "I don't know, but be careful and keep your eyes out for whatever it could be.." I nodded at his response and we continued forward. So there is life up here after all..

- Chapter 36 End -