- Chapter 42, Are You Afraid -

- MoonStar's perspective -

I was walking around with Sundrop as usual when I noticed something odd in the hallway before the daycare. One of the bathroom doors was slightly open yet a couple seconds ago we closed them, Sundrop didn't seem to notice this though so I told him to continue heading back while I investigated the matter. There appeared to be some kind of strange light blue goopiness on the doorframe, upon touching it to see what it was it moved away like some kind of weird insect. I followed the abnormal goop as it slithered along the floor past my feet, turning around I watched where the goop went. It all seemed to be forming into a pile, a big pile.. there was more of it, a lot more. I looked around to see if Sundrop had gone away and he'd disappeared behind the shutter to the daycare, I began to approach the goop pile that seemed to be forming legs but then I heard a voice talking to me. "Stop.." it seemed to be coming from the pile itself, but how? that isn't normal.. I thought to myself. I obeyed this command and stopped moving towards it, the goop pile then began forming a torso, then arms and a head. Once the goop stopped forming, it appeared to be a creature that looked very much like a person. The strange figure the goop had formed looked rather normal apart from the fact that she had crimson eyes just like mine. Her skin was pale, very pale and her hair was pretty much the same colour as the goop that had formed into her. She had blood red lips and one of her hands seemed to still look like the light blue goop. For clothing she was wearing a purple/red-ish sweater that almost went down to her knees on one side, her leggings matched her skin colour and her boots matched her hair. Parts of her skin appeared to be flaking away though, especially around her goopy-looking hand.

I stood there and waited for her to do something as I was unsure what to do, was she a friend or foe? I knew not.. not yet anyways. Eventually she stopped staring at me "..Do you have a phone?" she asked politely as if I had not just witnessed her come from a big pile of goop. "What would you do if I did have a phone?.." she smiled at my response "I know you have a phone MoonStar, so just hand it over please.." the strange lady then proceeded to hold her non-goop hand out to receive the phone. I tilted my head as I handed her the phone from my pocket "..How do you know my name?.. also, who are you no... what are you?" I said as I watched her type something into the phone. Upon hearing my questions she seemed to laugh "..Oh that's funny, you already know who I am silly... we've met before, remember?" her voice changed with those last few words, then I began to think. I recognise that voice.. but from where? I've never seen her before, have I? no, definitely not..  she watched me closely as I continued to think, then it clicked. The bug!.. my face lit up as I found the answer to her question "He's not listening, he'll never listen.. he doesn't care.."  I had remembered it now, that voice wasn't my thoughts.. "..You were that voice, that bug.. weren't you?"

She laughed at this, laughed a lot until finally she then spoke "..Are you afraid Starry?.."

- Chapter 42 End -