- Chapter 34, More Possessions -

- Sundrop's perspective -

MoonStar's been hiding something, I can feel it.. we all can. He's never been the same since that night, the day we split apart again changed everything. I feel as if he's concealing something, a great pain or perhaps a great trauma.. something's bothering him yet he doesn't say anything about it. I've tried to bring this up in a conversation a few times but it never works, he refuses to say anything despite my best efforts. Today is the day, I have to get him to say something.. anything, anything if it means he'll be okay again.. I was thinking to myself quietly in my room, MoonStar was not in his room so I assumed he was in the daycare as he'd never stray too far away from me unless he had to. Maybe Roxanne and Monty can help, yes! that's a great idea!  I nearly jumped up from my excitement, I was determined to get an answer out of him whether he liked it or not ..but what if it doesn't work? what if he never tells us?.. no! don't think that way Sundrop! he'll have to say something eventually, I just know it!  I reassured myself and smiled happily as I walked through the velvety curtain.

I was greeted with darkness, cold darkness.. I ran my hand across the wall until I found the switch, then I flipped it so the lights began to flicker. Eventually after a few seconds the room was fully illuminated with the brightness emitting from the lights up above. I looked around for a little while before I found MoonStar, he was sitting on the bridge connecting the play structures. It was obvious that he was in his own little thought world as he was motionless yet still awake, I dived down into the pit below and then resurfaced. Once I got out of the ball-pit I began walking towards MoonStar, he did not move apart from fiddling with a small white marble he'd taken out from his pocket. After walking towards him I waved my hand in front of his face to check for a reaction, he made no effort to move or even look at me so I tapped him lightly on the leg. MoonStar blinked for a moment then looked at me "Oh.. you're awake, sorry I was just-... nevermind.." he said as he placed the marble back into his pocket.

"You okay Starry?.." I asked him as I watched him slide safely off the bridge and under the rope that acted as a secure handrail. He nodded and called his wire down from the ceiling, he was about to attach it to his back to air-swim away but I stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. MoonStar turned his head and looked at me before saying "..What? don't worry I'm just going t-" but I interrupted him "Moony, you know you can tell me anything.. right?.. I just don't want to see you suffering, you know that.." He smiled at me before attaching his wire and air-swimming away. Now I can go find Monty, if it doesn't work when I ask with Monty then we'll call Roxanne!  I headed for the great double doors that sealed the play area away from the rest of the daycare, then I walked through them with a big smile on my face. Today was the day, I was as determined as a dog. I pulled out a fazwatch that I always kept in my pocket and I began messaging Monty using it, I asked him where he was and then he replied "Golf course, why?" so I messaged him again saying "Well, I need you for something. You got any spare time?" Monty then sent his final message telling me that he had some spare time. I headed over there right away, the golf course was jungle-like in it's decoration, there were fake plants everywhere resembling those you'd find in a rainforest. Between the mess of decorations there were golf holes dotted around the place, there were also neon signs everywhere and a giant, grey bucket mounted onto one of the walls.

I found Monty standing beside hole 5 holding a golf club, he seemed to have been playing golf when I messaged him. "Sorry Monty, it seems I've interrupted your golf game.." I said as I stopped walking right in front of him, Monty then replied "Nah it's fine, I've played golf a million times anyways!.. well, not a million... you get what I'm saying anyways.." I laughed before talking to him again "Oh, do you want to finish the game before we go or? since we have to go back to the daycare, I need your help with something there!" Monty thought for a moment before he made his response "Nah, nah.. we can go now if you need help.." he then placed the golf club by one of the fake trees and we proceeded to walk back to the daycare. We re-entered the daycare and MoonStar was standing by the security desk with his arms folded, he looked kinda annoyed but it was hard to tell. "Where were you? I was worried.." he said as he leaned forward for a hug, I hugged him before telling him where I was and that Monty was here for something. I had told Monty why I needed him on our way back and he'd agreed to help me as he too was worried about MoonStar.