- Chapter 12, The Lights Will Stay On -

- Sundrop's perspective -

It's been a few days since we were combined, the daycare's been closed so we can adjust to our new life. Officer Vanessa checks on us from time to time but that's only because management told her to.. if management never told her to check on us, she said that she'd never go to the daycare. It's been a bit weird, Moondrop's just a voice in my head now.. we can't see each other anymore, we can't play tag anymore. Everything's just... changed.. it all feels very strange to me. Even if I look in a mirror it still doesn't feel right, the whole idea of us being combined doesn't seem right anymore. Why did management do this to us?... the question's lingered in my thoughts for a while now...

"Sunshine?... is everything okay?" Moondrop asked me, I was sitting on one of the stackable blocks that I was supposed to be re-stacking. I didn't realise how long I'd been sitting there "Y-yeah.. I'm fine.." I said. "..Sunshine, something's obviously not right if you're stuttering like that, you don't usually stutter.." I didn't say a word but Moondrop continued to speak "Something's wrong... tell me what's wrong.." I held my head in my hands and looked down at the floor, my sun rays folding downwards as my head tilted. "W-well I-..." I sighed, taking a moment to properly form the words before speaking again "..Something doesn't f-feel right.." I could tell that Moondrop was thinking too as he didn't reply straight away "What doesn't feel right?..." he eventually said. "The idea o-of staying like this... it's n-not right!" I stood up quickly, worried even though there was nobody else around. "Sunshine..." I sat down again as Moondrop began to speak once more "....Calm down, it's alright.. we're going to be okay, you said that to me before this all happened... remember?" I nodded "Y-yeah.. I remember that, I smiled a-at you and-" then, I was interrupted. "Shh... calm down.. you're okay, it's okay.." I listened to Moondrop's voice and it calmed me down a little.

I hadn't realised it but I had begun crying. I quickly began to wipe my tears with a piece of tissue I pulled out of my sleeve.. we always kept tissues in our sleeves in case someone was crying and needed our assistance. "..Shh" Moondrop continued to calm me down the best he could, though it probably would've made me feel even better if he wasn't just a voice in my head. On that thought, I remembered that the past can't really be changed.. You just have to calm down... it's all okay..  my thoughts were clouding my view. Each and every thought saying the same things Moondrop was telling me "It's all going to be okay.." but.. in reality, was it?

Once I fully calmed down I walked up to my room, Moondrop then spoke to me as I looked into a piece of what was once my mirror. "Sunshine.. please turn the lights off.." I thought for a moment then replied "W-why?.. you're not going to do something b-bad, are you?.." I picked up the piece of the mirror and looked more closely at it. "...No, why would I?.." I placed the mirror onto the table that was in my room, "Droplet.. I know that tone of voice... you're-.. p-planning to do something, aren't you?" I said. Ever since we've been combined, Moondrop's bug has grown more and more.. now it's nearly all that he is. "....Just turn the lights off Sunshine....." he said ".....Please?...." I looked down at the table as I sat on a chair and placed my hands upon the table's wooden surface. "...Droplet?.. no, whatever you are... whoever you have become.. I won't turn the lights off!... from now on.. the lights will always stay on.." I said, he began to speak again but I interrupted him "Wh-" "...So you won't hurt anyone.."

After that, everything had gone silent. I can only assume it's because Moondrop fell asleep, though, that's probably not the case. During the silence I took us to our charging station and powered off, leaving everything the way it was and I hoped that nobody would turn the lights off. Moondrop had once hurt a worker with this bug, I can't allow that to happen again. The lights will stay on... even if I have to make it one of my only rules.

..The lights will stay on...

I will keep them on....

- Chapter 12 End -