Chapter 45

Dante is gone...

Such news coming from him did not sit well with the Demon king....And he could feel it.

Cruel lips curved downward as he beckoned Apollyon to come forward. The Demon Angel approached him slowly and regarded him carefully. 

"Please elaborate, Destroyer." The Demon king motioned for him to come even closer as he sat on his throne.  

With a stoic gaze, he remained calm even though the putrid stench from their surroundings wanted to make him gag,  Apollyon repeated his words. 

"Dante is gone. He has not returned to his lair in days."  Apollyon informed him.

He watched cautiously as the Demon King's malevolent gaze turned annoyed. 

"And, my Angel?" 

Meeting the dark being's gaze, his back straightened some as he responded. "She remains with the Wolf."

"And why is that?" The Demon King's eyes flashed red in anger.

Before Apollyon could answer, an argument and scuffle could be heard in the hall behind him. He turned in the direction of the noise in time to see Felipe burst through the doors, struggling and dragging a girl he unceremoniously let go of and shoved to the floor.  Apollyon looked down at the woman sprawled before him at his feet.
It was Miranda, the she-wolf, exhiled from Maddox's pack.
He shot a venomous glare at Felipe. This was not going to end well.

"Why what do we have here?" the Demon King stood with interest and gracefully walked before him and reached for the girl. She recoiled with a growl. 

"My, My, you brought me a feisty play thing, Felipe." he purred with excitement as he wrapped his long fingers around her neck and began to squeeze.

Apollyon's jaw ticked as she began to whine in pain. 

"She has something to tell you about Dante." Felipe said to him.

"Does she now?" He stood slowly and effortlessly with her still dangling by her throat from his fingers. 

Apollyon stood to the side and watched the she wolf struggle in the Demon King's hold.

"What is it that you want to tell me, my pet?" He smiled viciously at her as she continued to struggle and claw at his hand around her throat.

"I'm not your pet," she growled.

He chuckled and regarded Felipe. "I guess what she has to say is not important. Perhaps she can be my new plaything after all." He crooned.

"Danté is dead. He was killed." She managed to wheeze between breaths.

In shock, he tossed her to the ground and stumbled back.

Apollyon watched as she coughed on the floor.
The Demon King spun around and slowly made his way back to his chair.
She slowly stood up and continued.
"Rumor has it, The Angel killed him with her light," she said with teasing triumph.

In a blink of an eye, she was hanging in the air by her neck.  Slowly her body floated towards his outstretched hand. She wheezed and fought to get free but couldn't. Apollyon stood by silent, watching as Felipe stood and watch in fear. 

"She is considered the Luna of your pack. Therefore, you are just at fault and should pay." he hissed, tightening his grip.

She shook her head angrily. "She is no Luna of mine."

A spark of interest and intrigue formed on his face. He let her go and watched as she rubbed her throat.

The She-wolf held his gaze. She should have been terrified of the so-called Demon king as should all that stood before him.  The handsome-looking dark being slowly walked around her.