Chapter 48

"Hannah, watch out!" 

She caught wind of the nightmarish-looking demon that was charging for her. He jumped and in mid-air, she could see his razor-sharp teeth. She immediately swiped her blade in his direction and sliced him in half. Another one down. Dozens more to go...

She had no time to stop and see this creature up close. They were coming from all corners of where she stood. She could see in the distance as Michael and Gabriel were in a full-blown battle with their own demon. Maddox, in wolf form, launched from where he stood and completely obliterated the one before him. 

Pack members all in wolf form had joined in and were in their own little skirmishes in their areas of the forest. She continued on with all her might and fought using all of her strength and skills that she learned. She was in awe of how this had all unfolded before her. It took her all by surprise. 

She swung her sword up and sliced another demon that charged for her. She was overwhelmed by them aiming for her on all sides, refusing to back down, refusing to leave. Her legs were in agony as she stumbled back and ran to one that had pinned a wolf on his back. She jumped in mid-air and plunged her sword down the gruesome beast's back until stopped and the wolf chomped on his neck and tore him apart. 

"Thank you, Luna," the wolf said before running off to attack another demon.

The battle continued on as she drew in deep breaths and look at her surrounding. A moss of bodies and parts of demons lay everywhere. The forest floor was covered in blood and goo. Limbs, body parts, and chunks of far were everywhere. 

She suddenly heard a loud growl behind her. She swirled around and stood face to face with the most grotesque-looking beast she had yet to fight. Her heart seized and her lungs slowly followed as it snarled and stepped close. She stepped back some and gripped her sword tight as drool slowly dripped from its mouth. He prowled with his deadly gaze locked with hers.  She needed to remember more of her teaching at this precise moment. But her mind drew blank the way her body ached and she felt so exhausted. She froze to the spot as its bones slowly began to pop and it slowly and shockingly morphed into...a man. 

She drew in deep ragged breaths as he slowly stood to his full height covered in blood and stalked eerily slow toward her. His face, no longer that of the beast but of a beautiful rendition of a male of her creators's design.   She shook her head as he continued on. 

"A wolf Hannah, change in to a wolf," Mia yelled in her head as her inner beast gazed in fright at the man still walking slowly toward her. 

Quickly she turned and began to run with him giving chase. She disgarded her jacket and continued around a tree and dashed over a low brush. His foot steps were getting closer. 

"Now! Hannah. Change," Mia yelled again.

She couldn't do it. she was panicking. This was too much. She felt overwhelmed and filled with terror. She came up to a clearing but was blocked immediately by a bolder and now cornered. she spun around to see that the man stopped a few feet away from her. 

In all his naked glory his chest heaved and his gaze turned dark. He stepped closer and she just as quick stepped back and stumbled more as his long strides corned her up to the wall. 

"Strike, Hannah!" Mia begged.

The weight of her sword felt heavy in her hands. She was now a toes length from the closeness of this unknown male that formed from the beast. Her insides hurt so much from the blows and being knocked about. Her legs and knees shook. She wanted to take flight but she couldn't. Her wings, itched to be free, but it was forbidden. She was not allowed to use angelic powers of any kind. Not even her light. It was forbidden.