Chapter 15

"Male..." her voice soft and timid broke through his sleep induced haze.

With a groan, he slowly opened his eyes, and they focused on shapely legs. Stretching, he groaned again, squeezing his eyes shut and opening them again. Groggy and exhausted, he lay there.

"Male..." her voice sweet yet more anxious, called to him. Squinting, he looked up again. With a sigh, he plopped his head back on the pillow.

"It's Maddox, Hannah," he murmured gently looking at her.

She stood silently at his side of the bed. Fidgeting and looking at him.

Silently they stared at one another.

He realized that it'd been days since she finally stood before him. Yes... days.

Since their confrontation in the gym and the passionate kiss that followed, he was yet interrupted again by Brody. And...She got away.

Caught red-handed with his hands in the cookie jar; he was so close to taking her to the floor, and she would have let him.

Then he lost track of her. She had avoided him for three whole days. She was probably embarrassed. Oddly enough though, he sensed her around. From his office, out on the trail in the forest, even in his sleep and her scent enveloped him everywhere.

And now the little lamb was in the wolf's den. Looking ready to bolt.

But she needed something.

He waited and refrained from the urge to grab her and roll her in the bed beneath him.

Like the very first night they met.

"Male?-"  Hannah began again.

"Maddox," he corrected once more.

"I am hungry," she admitted quietly.

"Then go ahead to the kitchen and find something to eat." he said.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"You told me not to touch anything in the kitchen."

He sighed and gently sat up.

She was right.

Silence lay heavily between them as they watched each other.

Her eyes rested absently on his bare muscled chest, and they climbed their way slowly up to his corded neck and his chiseled jaw. She then gathered up the courage to settle her attention on his now intense gaze.

He took in the length of her; still in her nightgown. He needed to look away from the enticing view. He reached over for his phone and checked the time.

7:40 am

One thing was for sure. She was an early riser.

Blowing out a deep breath, he focused on her again.

"What would you like to eat?" he stood slowly and walked to the end of his bed and picked up his t-shirt.

She trailed his every move and nibbled on her lips in the process.

"The breakfast," she said.

"Of course the breakfast. But what? Waffles, eggs, grits...," he paused. She had no clue what he was asking.

He let out another breath. And paused at her disconcerting glance. "You want me to choose?" His gaze turned tender.

She nodded.

He turned to walk out and felt her following him. He stopped.

He turned to look at her.
His gaze traveled the length of her. He will be damned if she walks like this into the kitchen. Lately, this possessive protective nature within him for her has increased ten-fold.