Chapter 1

Eager eyes zeroed in on the beautiful winged creature that floated before her eyes. It was positively glorious as it fluttered from one flower to the next and it intrigued her; compelling her to get a closer look.

Nibbling on her lips, Hanna stepped close enough to watch it land on a red flower. Iridescent blue and green bathed its wing. In contrast to hers that was pristine white, she mused.

Either way she wanted to catch this peculiar species that looked nothing like her kind, but was small and defenseless yet...it fly's...

Just like her.

Carefully she lowered her finger towards one colorful wing. It flickered and shook. Then suddenly flew off.

Disappointment cleared in her gaze as she watched it leave.

"Pooh...I can fly faster," she stuck her tongue at it with a pout before settling for defeat and slumping to the grass beneath her.

She took a deep breath and let her shoulders fall, taking into view her beautiful surroundings. She had found this fascinating place a long time ago.

In truth, she sort of found it by accident trying to hide from her kin. She needed a place to rest from the extensive teachings that had become tedious and boring at times.

You see, Hanna is a young Angel. A fledgling more or less in training for the highest order. She was to become a Seraphim.

Seraphim were revered for their unique abilities and gifts and are considered to be the highest-ranking angels in the celestial hierarchy.

Still a fledgling or an adolescent amongst her peers, she still had a millennia of more teaching to perfect her skills. It's during these teachings this story has come to be.

It was only 30 human years ago that she somewhat, but not entirely mastered the art of teleportation. It was during this unexpected snafu that she poofed herself onto the middle of a black road and before a large roaring contraption called a Semi -Truck blared its horns; nearly "plastering her like a bug." As her friend Gaston said.

If it weren't for him, another fledgling with far more advanced training than her, she would have indeed had a mishap.

Then 20 human years later she would advance to the diligent teachings of invisibility where she mastered it.... somewhat... and was able to be invisible long enough for a wolf in this very forest to track her scent.

Only inches away from the snarling beast, she nervously shimmered taking full form before him and nearly got herself killed.

She shivered with the thought of her near-death experience. Taking human form posed a threat at times, and she needed to perfect how to be in it.

With a deep sigh, she sat up and crouched ready to stand only to stop when the leaves crackled behind her.

She stood slowly and turned just in time to see a small pink snout, sniff and wiggle its way out of the bushes.

With pure awe and delight, she watched the furry black creature with a long white coat down the middle of its back towards its tail, crawled close.

"Oh my! You must be one of those kittens, Gaston spoke of," she smiled and stepped closer, eager to pet the creature her friend spoke so highly of.

'Humans love them. They are loving animals. All you must do is gently glide your fingers down their back and they emit a rumbling sensation from their throat. It means they like you.'

Yes indeed. She jubilee knelt before it and reached towards the cat and gently glided her hand down its back. Elated with its downy softness, she barely heard the twig snap in the distance until a growl was heard, then the cat arched its back then turned and lifted its tail.

"Oh my!" she nervously pulled away her hand.

She frowned in confusion as it hissed and sprayed her.

She cried out and stood as the odor that suddenly assailed her nose became unbearable and she turned in time as a growl could be heard in the distance. She panicked along with hacking and coughing long enough to teleport away before the animal stepped into the clearing.

*******

"Where is she?" the authoritative voice boomed down the halls.

Taking large demanding steps, he ate up the distance to the long hall in large strides.
"She has disappeared, again," a meek Angel explained once more as he faced the muscular Archangel before him.
"She is a fledgling. How can you not keep track of a fledgling?" he clenched his jaw.
"Michael, leave him be. You are terrifying him." Another voice interrupted.
The Archangel turned a thundering glare to the other approaching him in the distance.
"I suppose Uriel, you are going to defend her again?" Michael shook his head.
"If I must. She is only a fledg-" he began.

"That needs discipline." Michael countered.
"She is in training for the highest order. There is no time for dalliances or distractions," he shook his head.

"When will you learn to give her lenience Michael, you are worse than Gabriel," he frowned.

Standing to his full height, Michael's chest rose. "I am nothing like him. Besides leniency can get her killed like any other fledgling not able to master their skills."

"She has been teleporting to the human realm," another voice interrupted.

They turned to watch the casual stride of Gabriel approaching with a disappointing look followed by Gaston with his gaze downcast.

"And If you knew this why not tell us sooner?" Michael stepped closer.

"Tell you sooner? I am a messenger of a high order, not your errand boy and surely I am not a babysitter," Gabriel began. And soon enough the Archangels began to fuss amongst themselves with no notion of the visitor standing behind them until the stench permeated the air.

They stopped.

Slowly Michael frowned and gave a scowling sniff.

"Where in all that is holy is that smell coming from?" they turned in time see Hannah.

Her eyes downcast, leaves, and twigs stuck in her hair with her pristine white dress stained with dirt.

Her lips trembled and her eyes filled with tears as she looked up at the 3 Archangels feeling so small and defeated.

"The cat did not like me," she looked up sadly to Gaston.

Puzzled glances landed on the poor fledgling at their side. One look of disappointment to the next.

"And this is the leniency you were speaking of?" Michael shook his head and stormed off.

One by one they left. More or less running from the smell. Uriel turned to face her with a chiding smile. "I believe the cat was a skunk little one." he chuckled.

She frowned sadly at his as he explained in short detail of what the creature was. But it all the same did not matter to her.

Whatever it was she will never approach it again. She promised.

********

Here we go guys my first chapter of The Alpha's Angel...
Give me some time to develop the storyline so it can be an unforgettable story.
So please be patient with the updates.
Please if you do nothing else sure my stories just press the share symbol and post it FB, Snapchat, Twitter or Instagram...
It will motivate me to go beyond your wildest dreams and create great stories...
Thanks
Love yall