Chapter 32

"Hannah, change back for me, " Maddox begged her. She didn't refuse, she just..... barely had it in her to do so.

Four days...

It's been 4 days since she found out the truth about who she really was.

And...for four whole days, she had been in wolf form. For four whole days, she hadn't eaten. And for four whole days, he hadn't spoken to his mate.

He was at a loss of what to do.

They argued over her as she ignored them. She just laid there on the rug in the far corner of their bedroom.

The first night he reached for her to touch her, she whined, and he watched her pull away physically. He felt sad and alone; he needed her. The only thing he knew to do was to be close to her for however long it took for her to recover from this. So,  he removed his clothes and joined her on the rug in wolf form too.

The 2nd day her 'father' returned and begged to talk to her, but she just as quick retreated more into her wolf and was mentally absent...Even for Maddox.

On the third day, Michael appeared before her, and she just about took his whole finger off when he dared touch her.
A shocked Maddox, in his Alpha voice, chastised her and demanded that she change. But that only worsened everything, that she took off and didn't return until the Archangel had left.

On the 4th day, Maddox stood with a sandwich on a plate in his hand angrily facing an irate father that demanded to see his daughter.

"I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to lose a limb or your face; she doesn't want to be bothered. She doesn't want to see you."

"Why do you encourage this behavior. We are her kin?" Michael paced.

Maddox scoffed. "You really want to go there right now. You practically raised her as a stranger. Now all of a sudden, she possesses this ability, and you're running in fear, and you're trying to take her from me."

He watched Micheal stop pacing.

"You didn't think I noticed the look on your faces when she changed. You looked as if you were about to shit yourselves."

"I am surprised you do not feel the same way, human. That you do not fear your mate or fear for her safety," He faced Maddox.

"I don't fear her because she is my mate, and she will never hurt me, and I will always protect her."

Michael scoffed and turned away.

"Understand Maddox. We know you can keep her safe. But that is not enough, " Uriel spoke from the corner he had been standing in; observing them.

"What do you mean?" Maddox frowned.

"She needs the protection of those that can handle the type of danger she will face. If Hannah falls into the wrong hands, it can be catastrophic for us all, " Raphael said.

Michael and Maddox held his gaze.

"Explain, " Maddox demanded.

"She is the child of a powerful deity and an Archangel," He swallowed. "She is powerful to some and...lethal to others."

"She is revered as she is feared. Some will use her to defeat good and others evil." Uriel added.

"She doesn't know, does she?" Maddox frowned at them.

They answered with silent, nervous gazes.

"So...piss her off, and she can just do away with both good and evil, right?" He scoffed.