Chapter 9

The morning brightness pulled her from her heavy sleep. Slowly stirring awake, she opened her eyes. With a start, Hannah sat up. She looked left and right as if trying to figure out where she was. Her breath came in short bursts the moment she looked down and noticed she was nude; she clasped the sheets to her chest.

A jolt traveled through her, and she shuddered as her skin prickled. She gasped and held her head as a breathless sob escaped her. Her senses were going haywire. The smells and sounds she had never encountered before were too much. The overwhelming sensory overload was unbearable.

Quickly she tried to climb out of the bed onto weak, shaky legs. But before sliding to the floor, strong arms held her up.

"Ssh, easy there," a male voice spoke to her.

It filled her mind, and she exhaled as it warmed her body like a soothing balm, and everything felt right again.

As he bent and picked her up then placed her back on the bed, they gazed at one another.

It was him...The male human...

Their eyes locked, his observing her and hers shyly observing him.

She stared at him for quite sometime, lost in his masculine beauty. He was more beautiful now in daylight. Time seemed to stand still as the silky depths of his eyes captured her attention. His nearness made her flush slightly, and she noticed something in his eyes flicker.

The silence stretched until he broke the spell by blinking his eyes and looking away.

She looked away as well but was pulled back by his murmuring, "Are you alright?"

She felt the soft intensity of his gaze and her face heated. He was focused entirely on her. "Not really," she answered truthfully.

He was intrigued with her answer and held back his smile. "No wonder, you're pretty banged up," he told her.

Not understanding his meaning, she held his gaze then slowly looked away again. She was heavily distracted by her surroundings until he pulled her back to focus on him. "May I?" he gestured to her shoulder.

"Let's get a look at it to see if it's not infected," he said gently reaching for her shoulder.

She followed his gaze and his fingers as he gently pulled away the white sticky garment and cloth from her shoulder. Suddenly she gasped with the sharp jolting pain. The sensation unfamiliar but potent pulled a soft sob from her.

Koda growled a warning.

He apologized immediately to her before grumbling and getting annoyed with Koda.

He inspected her wound. "It doesn't seem infected," he murmured. Confusion creased her brow. She has never been hurt before, nor has she felt pain. Sadly she looked away, bearing with it. She remembered what happened now as the thought came to her. She had some angelic powers. But she was being punished and forbidden to use them...that included healing.

She blinked away the tears as he spoke to her.
"Hey, It's not that bad," He reached slowly to wipe away a tear. She drew in a sharp breath with his touch. A sudden flood of emotional sadness took over, and she did not understand it.

"I fell," she blurted out softly with more tears falling.

She wanted to say from the sky, but she refrained.

His lips curled up slowly. "I gathered that it must hurt real bad."

She nodded.

Silently they gazed at one another. She focused on him now as he blew out a deep breath. "You must want a shower?" he asked, slowly standing.

Puzzled with his words, she remained quiet. Shaower...She repeated mentally. Abruptly, he stood and walked to all parts of the room, pulling out garments and placing them on the bed. He turned to face her as she sat quietly staring at him.

She watched him walk to the far end and open a door. He turned to her then.
"Don't be shy. Come," he walked and extended his hand.

She gently placed her hand in his and felt a tingling jolt, and she was sure he felt it as well because he paused, his brows knitted together in a frown and his nostrils flared.

Hurriedly he pulled her gently forward into the small room. His face now stoic and emotionless pointed to a large porcelain basin and referred to it as a shao-wer...and the other in the corner as a Toy-let...

He leaned in and turned a knob. Entranced by the beautiful water falling from the spout, she glided her fingers through it. She enjoyed the way it felt.
"Go ahead and get in," he told her. "I will wait for you outside. If you need anything, just call me," he said.

She did as he said as the door shut. Lost and confused at what to do, she just stepped in. It felt cool and unusual, but all the same, she was intrigued. The sensation of the water on her skin caused her to shiver. She frowned. Her skin began to prickle.

Is this what the mortals do? She stood under the spout of water, lost in its punishing sensation. This was strange. And very stressful because her shivering increased.

"Male?" she called out panicking.

Her teeth began to chatter.

"Male? Help!" she called out again. Her voice shook as she frantically called to him.

The door flew open, and she jumped. With a breathless oath, he rushed in and quickly shut off the shower. He reached in and helped her out. She dropped the cold heavy wet sheet to the floor.

Shaking, cold and bare she stood before him. He sucked in a ragged breath, taking her nude form in before averting his gaze and turning away to grab a large towel then wrapped it around her trembling body.

He brought her back into the room and sat her on the bed. He crouched before her and vigorously rubbed her arms. Try as she might, the odd sensation would not go away, and she was on the brink of tears as her teeth chattered. She did not know what was happening.

"Hey!" he tilted her chin up as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.
She looked at him as his frown softened. "You can take a shower later," he assured her.

Her brows knitted together.
Later? Why would she want to endure that again?

She shook her head gently, still shivering.

"O.k. ..o.k..." he took a deep labored breath and lowered his gaze in silent thought. She watched him rake his fingers through his midnight black hair as if seeking control or restraint.

In somber silence, she sat wrapped in the large cloth still looking at him. He knelt before her once more now with a leveled gaze.
"What's your name?" he asked.

Timidly she looked at him.
Her voice barely a whisper.
"Hannah."

******
Here we go another update...
So sorry you guys for the late updates but I'm pushing to get them done...
Let me know what you think...