Chapter 28

"Please!" She begged.

His jaw clenched. He could remember at some point in the past a simple plea from any female; she-wolf or human, couldn't bend him to their will. But, as of late all she had to do was look up at him and she made him weak.

"Come on Madi don't be such a hard ass," Nikki whined as she stood at Hannahs side with the same pleading gaze.

"Yes, male don't be such a hard...ass," Hannah repeated before blinking innocently up at him.

Brody snickered beside him.

His gaze shot immediately to Nikki.
~Don't encourage her!~

With a deep breath, he turned his attention to Hannah; trying to figure out the best way to tell her no without getting her upset.

It's been a week since the rogues were imprisoned in his cell. Gradually as the days passed, the torturing increased and more information was given.

She was wanted by a very powerful vampire.

The news shook him, soul-deep that he increased security all around. He even went as far as seeking the help of some witches from a nearby Coven to put up safeguards. Which was an anomaly since they did not mix with them.

Keeping her safe at all costs meant not scaring or telling her what he knew the rogues came for. Keeping her safe meant literally keeping her indoors and it was driving her up the wall. It was driving him insane even more because being in a confined space with her although he loved it, and the idea of having her in his bed all day seemed like heaven....it wasn't a good plan.

Eventually, like a pipe under pressure, it will bust and so will she. Keeping her indoors wasn't going to solve anything.

So, leave it to Nikki to mention going to the club. That alone piqued Hannah's interest. He stood by helpless to the way his mates eyes lit up in fascination as Nikki went into full detail of what is a club.

He extended his hand and caressed her cheek. He wrapped his finger gently around her nape and pulled her close. His eyes focused on hers.

Lord only knows I would rather have you for myself.

He mind-linked. Her eyes rounded with awe. The whisper-light touch of his words brushed her mind. He had her full attention.

He was conflicted with the decision of keeping her home or just taking her to the club which she was anxious about going. He could feel it.

"Okay..." He breathed.

Nikki squealed in excitement as she reached for Hannah.

"But..." He added.

She stopped before pulling Hannah along. They both turned to face him.

"I'm going with you," he said.

"You are?" Nikki and Brody said in unison. Their eyes wide with shock held his nonchalant stance.

"Bro, are you sure? I mean that's great but..." Brody looked at him.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Besides...the girls need to have some fun," he shrugged.

Before he could finish speaking, Nikki jumped up and down excitedly before pulling Maddox into a suffocating hug.

She pulled away and stood beside Hannah. But before she followed Nikki, she stepped closer to him and on tippy toes, she reached up and kissed him on the lips. He fought the urge to pull her close because that would evidently change his mind of letting her out of the house. Much less his bed.